Slide Autoplay resume after user click/tap

Good suggestions @bryantay. We’ll put these on our roadmap.

I would like to voice my opinion that I would also value this added functionality. I can understand why your dev team designed the slider that way, but there are special cases where having the option to re-engage auto play would be very beneficial.

Yep… It’s a bit frustrating that it’s been a year now and a feature that you’d think would take maybe a day to add hasn’t been implemented… I can only guess webflow doesn’t realize how annoying this is… especially when my clients ask me why the slideshow keep stopping when they don’t realize they accidentally clicked or swiped in that area.

Still liking Webflow never the less :wink:

My slider doesn’t resume after a visitor touches the slide (which is quite large) on mobile views. I would add my interest to be able to control this and enforce the slider to continue after a couple seconds, which doesn’t seem to happen automatically.

Badly need this feature.

Sometimes I need slideshows for auto-run only which users are not supposed to interact with. But every time a user touches them on mobile they stop.

I would highly welcome a checkbox in slider settings that would make slider none-interactive at all.

Meanwhile, if you need to disable autoplay for your sliders, you can do it by editing webflow.js (need to export site first).

To disable autoplay:

1. Open webflow.js in your text editor
  2. Locate the comment line // Disable timer on first touch or mouse down
  3. Disable the following function by putting it between comment tags: /* */

It should look like:

/* var touchEvents = ‘mousedown’ + namespace + ’ touchstart’ + namespace;
if (!designer) {
data.el.off(touchEvents).one(touchEvents, function() {
stopTimer(data);
});
} */

im bumping this :smile:

I need this functionality also.

1 Like

On mobile when a user clicks a slide, they stop, and no way to resume. No way to disable them being able to stop the slide.

Bumping this. I would also love the ability to resume slides.

Unfortunately after 2 years of waiting for this it’s obvious to me that Webflow doesn’t think it’s as big of an issue as we do. …pretty frustrating…

Bumping again -

Has this ever been implemented? I am hoping for the “Resume After” feature.

Thank you.

i second this request. this is incredibly useful feature to have.

Indeed, looking to transition from Adobe to webflow. I really like webflow and the features it has, but I would really like to see an “auto resume time after stop by user input”-option, which Adobe has for over 2 years now.

I need this too; customers are requesting it!

Bump. Every touch on mobile platform stop autoplay :frowning:

Bump again. For mobile in particular - as mentioned by ssk1, any touch stops the slider - and generally on mobile this is unavoidable due to need to scroll. Customers also requesting this.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue too. Any way to deal with this?