Site won't render properly on Windows 8.1 with IE 11.0.9600.18053

Hey everybody,

I built a site with webflow You can view the project here:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/bootstrap-497a92?preview=811693898663e5b07b55ffab423af28b

I exported it and it’s live on the internet right now here:

When I view it in BrowserStack and test it - it looks great. When they view it in Windows 8.1 with IE 11 the menu looks TERRIBLE. I need help fixing this error - ASAP.

The jacked up view the client gets:

The view I get in Browserstack:

Hello @rileyrichter just took a quick look and I’ve seen this issue before. Internet Explorer needs a width & height applied to elements to render correctly.

My recommendation is to set percentage widths and fixed heights to the menu-item buttons, and set them all to float: left.

You may need to adjust line-height/padding/text-alignment/element order of the buttons as well to get the desired display. This should resolve the display in IE across different versions. :smile:

Be sure to adjust the menu display across the other breakpoints after resolving the desktop display. :smile:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Waldo

1 Like

Ahhh - Thanks, @Waldo!! I appreciate the quick help! You rock!

Hey @Waldo - would this apply to dropdown menus as well?

Hey @rileyrichter yes it would apply to those as well as the buttons inside of the dropdown (the links inside the drop down don’t have to be set to float: left, but they do need height/width). :smile:

Thanks,

Waldo

1 Like

Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

My pleasure! Happy to help and glad that we were able to find a solution. :smile:

Thank you,

Waldo :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.