Site getting flagged by browsers and not opening

Hi there

I have a client site happinesssangha.com, and many users can’t open the site because of the browser flagging security issues with the site. WF support checked the site (all ok) and a friend also did some scans which showed the site as good security-wise.

2 months ago the site was swapped from the Wordpress to Webflow. The site was being flagged a lot (as malicious) when it was Wordpress, and I can’t help thinking the problems have been carried over to the new Webflow site somehow. But how?

There is one flag on VirusTotal. I submitted false positive notices to other vendors (there were initially 8 flags on Virus Total) but for 1 month there has just been the single one and I was advised that this single flag is unlikely to be the cause.

Is there anything else I can do, or shall I recommend changing the domain name.

Many thanks!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I’m personally not getting any issue but here are two things that you can try, let me know if it helps:

1. It looks like you’re getting an console error, you can try to fix this.
  2. There may be external script that cause the issue, removing them one by one and checking if your friend still has the issue could give you more information.

Use tools like Google Safe Browsing, Norton Safe Web, and McAfee SiteAdvisor to check if your site is blacklisted. If it is, follow their processes to request removal from the blacklist.

1 Like

In addition to Jeff’s notes, be aware that there are public blacklist directories and then there are private ones maintained by antivirus vendors. You may not see flags in the public ones if you’ve addressed them, but that does not mean the sites are “clear”.

In general when you encounter those issues, it will be a specific antivirus program that’s complaining, rather than the browser itself. Try to get screenshots from your users who are experiencing issues, and you should be able to determine the blacklist you need to deal with that way.