Show/Hide Interaction Only Reveals Parent

Hi,

I’m having trouble with the show/hide interaction, which I’m using after watching the Webflow tutorial linked below. When I set the interaction to target a div it works great, but when I put that div within a section and retarget it to the section it only reveals the section, not the div inside as well. The issue is on the “Alternative” page of my site, which I’ve linked below. Specifically the “+info” item at the bottom of the page. If you can offer any help it’d be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Hide/Show Tutorial: Show & Hide Elements on Click - Webflow interactions and animations tutorial - YouTube

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/dan-kanvis?utm_source=dan-kanvis&preview=4beb61bc52da88631af0a894af0e99dd

Update:

I found a tutorial that explains an “accordion interaction,” which seems like a much better fit for what I’m trying to do. However, I’m still running into the same issue, even when trying to recreate the accordion tutorial exactly. Anything inside of the div that I select as a target for the interaction doesn’t get affected. Super frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accordion Tutorial: (Newer lesson available — see description) Custom accordion - Webflow interactions & animations - YouTube

Hi @dankanvis

I did a clonable project for accordions a couple weeks ago, maybe it can helps :slight_smile: :

I’m going to check it out. Thank you so much!

1 Like