Shared inventory count across variants

Hi folks,

I’m setting up a webshop and I need some help with products/variants.

I’m setting up Product A with a limited quantity of 50 units, but offered in two variants (Brown Leather Strap, Black Leather Strap), where both variants count against the shared limited quantity of 50.
I.e., if a Customer 1 buys Product A with a Brown Leather Strap, and Customer 2 buys Product A with a Black Leather Strap, the remaining inventory for both variants should be 48.
The inventory of straps is–for all intents and purposes–infinite. (1000+ units).

What is the best way to set this up to ensure proper inventory count, tidy bookkeeping, and a nice shopping experience for the customer?

Best,
Øystein

1 Like

Need this too, e.g. click and collect or delivery - same quantity of products variants are in the delivery method. Very surprised, it’s not been implemented from the outset?

I have been working on a project with this requirement too. The only way I can see to support this currently is with a separate backend service that can sync the product variants with the orders. I could build a service to do this if interested.
Thanks.

Hi Gail,

any progress on this service for your project? I’m definitely still interested.

Best,
Øystein

I need this as well for artworks with variations. The same total quantity are created but based on what variations that collectors purchase.

Is there any progress on this? Would using an external database somehow achieve this?

Hi all.
Josh with Foxy here. This is possible with our seamless Webflow integration: https://foxy.io/webflow Downgrade to a non-Ecommerce Webflow plan, save money, and manage products 100% with Webflow CMS.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Good to know that this service exists. Unfortunately by only requiring this basic feature a 20/m USD fee isn’t in the budget. Thanks for your reply.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with suggestions or tips :slight_smile:

Hi @joshing.
I understand your concern. Be sure to calculate the difference in price when you downgrade to a CMS plan instead of an Ecommerce plan. Also, you’ll want to consider Webflow’s 2% fee on top of gateways fees.

Please let us know if anything changes and we’ll do our best to assist.

Thanks,
Josh

Great additional context. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @joshing, @Gail_Ranger was able to help me out with a separate backend service which has worked very well so far. Highly recommended.

Gail was able to help me with a backend service which has worked well so far. Highly recommended!

Hi Oystein, Thanks for letting me know. Gail had reached out and am glad they are on my radar for when I’m ready for it. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.