Setting up monthly subscription on Stripe through Zapier

Hi all!

I’m working on a website that sells some products, and one of them is a monthly subscription.

The client is using Stripe as their payment provider, and on Stripe they have a product that is a Sponsorship that shall bill their clients once per month.

I’ve added this product on Webflow, and my idea is to use Zapier to add the customers to the product on Stripe once they buy the product on Webflow.

My problem is how to create a filter on Zapier. I’ve connected the Webflow project and Stripe, so it sends each new order to set up a new subscription on Stripe. But it should only occur on one product, not all.

I’ve added a hidden input field that is enabled on the product with the subscription, but it doesn’t show up on Zapier.

This code will show up on products where a switch is on.

<input type="hidden" id="subscriptionOn" name="subscriptionOn" value="TRUE">

And this field will show up on products were the switch is turned off.

<input type="hidden" id="subscriptionOff" name="subscriptionOff" value="FALSE">

These are added on the checkout page, and my idea was that these were sent so it was picked up on Zapier so I could add a filter for them.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey @torkelv !

Consider trying our new app Simple Subscriptions – we built it for exactly this use case and it’s currently in free beta.

A couple things about it that made me think it fits your use case:

• It allows subscription products to be sold and purchased alongside non-subscription products.
  • All subscription products simply live inside your Webflow products collection, just like your non-subscription products.
  • There are no zaps or add’l workflows required, which if broken (which can often happen in no-code workflows) may create risk/complexity on a business-critical functionality, like getting your shoppers on a subscription.

Standing by if I can help you get set up in the free beta! Standing by – mack@monto.io

2 Likes

Heya @torkelv! :sunny:

Not sure if you’re completely ‘married’ to Zapier or if you’re considering other options, so I’m chiming in with a recommendation. Maybe have a look at Integromat. It’s a no-code integration platform too but it’s way more powerful than Zapier. It lets you create all kinds of workflows - as simple or complex as you need. You also get to build multistep, non-linear connections and use filters and functions. Both Webflow and Stripe are supported and I see that there’s even a bunch of pre-made templates that could be useful for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @torkelv ,

Have you found a solution yet?

One of the biggest trends of 2022 is online courses, introducing memberships into your business is a great idea, well done!

I’m sure you’ve heard of Memberstack, they provide authentication and payments for Webflow sites.

Memberstack easily integrates with Webflow, meaning you can create members-only websites, dashboards and more. This allows you to forgo over-reliance on Zapier and handle everything on your dashboard.

You could setup monthly or even weekly subscriptions using Stripe - which is natively supported by Memberstack:
https://app.memberstack.io/signup?memberstack-nav=&_gl=1*1yeex1p*_ga*MTkzMzUwNzIwNi4xNjM3MTcwNjQ0*_ga_M18GBY4NJ0*MTY1ODE0MTc1MC41OC4xLjE2NTgxNDE4MTEuMA..&utm_source=discourse.webflow.com&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=signup_promotion&utm_id=forum_to_signup

I can see you’ve attempted to use custom-code to acheive the desired results. Using this integration, you no longer have to do that!

Another great alternative is Snipcart. Snipcart allows you to add a shopping card to any website - including Webflow.

Since Webflow E-commerce lacks the support of digital products, this is a great alternative. It also natively supports Stripe, so you could start configuring subscriptions today: https://snipcart.com

Paul Zana is a designer who started selling courses with Webflow + Snipcart, check out his video here: Sell your(digital products + subscription) using Snipcart and host on Webflow! - YouTube

Hi @torkelv.
Josh with Foxy here. You might consider our seamless Webflow integration: Webflow | Foxy.io

• Subscriptions
  • Memberships
  • One-offs
  • Digital products
  • Gated content
  • Customer portal
  • Manage products 100% with Webflow CMS
  • 100+ gateway integrations
  • and so much more without the need for other services

Here to help if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like