Segment "trackForm" interferes with form behavior

We use segment for event tracking. Apparently trackForm helper method causes the page to reload with the users form information in the URL (bad). Here is the documentation on trackForm: https://segment.com/docs/sources/website/analytics.js/#track-form

You can see the behaviour for yourself here: The Art & Science of Leading Projects | Online Course | TeamGantt - just fill out the main form in the hero section.

Is there any way to fix this? Or is this a result of Webflows non-standard way of submitting the form using JS?
Alternatively if I could fire a normal segment track call triggered by a successful submit that could work too.

I can’t be the only one using Segment, its a popular analytics event aggregation and distribution platform. This is an issue many other larger premium SAAS customers will run into invariably, so it makes sense for Webflow to have an official solution.

Figured out a workaround. Would still be nice if there was a way to use trackForm. But I got what I needed with this code:

<script type="text/javascript">
$( ".as-form" ).submit(function( event ) {

analytics.track('as masterclass signup', {
 }); 
});
</script>