Seeking help with editing menu

Hello. I’m having some difficulty accessing and editing the content of the menu. Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 3.07.24 PM|690x374

When I double-click on the symbol I am able to see the div and individual paragraphs, but cannot seem to access them to edit. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.!

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/robart-portfolio?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=robart-portfolio&preview=b030ff5fd3f85ea5586d293a5553e673&mode=preview

Hi Robert!

I was able to edit the paragraphs on the right side of your menu with no issue. I just double-clicked on the text and it let me edit it.

The actual text links, on the other hand are bound to the “Projects” collection list, set to display the text entered in the “Name” field. Therefore, you are not able to edit the content of the text without disabling the link to the collection.

One thing I did notice that prevented me from even selecting the text-links by clicking in the Designer is that the z-index of your “Text Link Containing Div” and your actual text-links are currently set to the same z-index (2). I was able to easily solve this by selecting one of the text-links from the navigator, then setting it to position: Relative, then changing to a z-index of (3). This allowed it to set ontop of the text wrapper. From there, you should be able to select the text links right from the designer without having to go through the navigator.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more assistance :slight_smile:

Hello Tyler!

Thank you so much for your reply and guidance. For some reason, I’m not able to see the paragraphs on the right side of the menu. I’ve attached a screenshot of my view when Menu is double-clicked:Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 1.48.50 PM|690x375

Also, thank you for the help with the “Text Link Containing Div.” I’m updating this now.

Robert,

Your Menu Section is currently set to display: hidden. This is why it won’t shown any of the child elements. Turning that on should fix your issue.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile: