Section Linking on published site not working

Hello,

I am having issues getting my NAV MENU section links to work. The ‘Sessions’, ‘Music’, and ‘Coffee’ buttons should auto scroll to the sections with the same ids set up.

They work in the dev preview menu but once I publish the site they no longer work on the published site.

I have looked through many forum posts and have found no solution, so anything pointing me in the right direction would be well appreciated.

Thanks again,
Nedim

Here is the published site link: https://ntd-website.webflow.io/

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - NTD Website

Odd. But here are a few thoughts that might point you in the right direction.

Fragment navigation is pretty simple. If you give your browser a URL with a fragment identifier of #music, then it will try to navigate to the first element with an id=music or to an anchor element with that name.

I’m not seeing any obvious conflicts in a quick source code search, and even if there were duplicates, the browser would still scroll to the first one. It’s not scrolling anywhere which suggests that something is interfering either with its ability to detect the #music element, or to locate its position.

So start commenting stuff out that could interfere, until you find the culprit.

Things I see;

• The piece of CSS in your HEAD that is titled “remove scroll bounce”.
  • Your seamless pagination code in /body
  • Your @splidejs slider

I’m hopeful that it’s the CSS, but honestly I suspect it might be the slider. They have have a #hash feature that intercepts and tries to navigate to e.g. a particular slide? If so, you may be able to turn it off in config. But that’s a total guess. Component devs like to place with fragment navigation all the time.

Michael you’re a genius! The “remove scroll bounce” CSS code was the issue.

Now I have to figure out how to get rid of horizontal scroll on mobile but I figure thats much simpler to do in a different method.

Thanks again!
Nedim

1 Like

So glad it worked! You should be able to find a variation that doesn’t interfere too badly. Best of luck.

1 Like