Scrolling to a small section

Hey guys,

Small issue and despite spending an hour going through all Scrolling subjects on the forum, I couldn’t find an answer.

Basically, I have a full-height home page slideshow, and a small footer-like section below that (off screen when landing). There is a small tab button at the bottom of the full-height slideshow which, when clicked, simply scrolls the page down to that section, all easy stuff.

BUT, the scroll timing and positioning is always based on the section reaching the TOP of the page — so when one has a small section (perhaps 10% of the page height), it just quickly scrolls part way down and stops suddenly.

Is there any way to specify, when THIS button is clicked, scroll to THAT section but apply the timing and easing to the BOTTOM of the section/page? Seems like it should be a default option to me, but I can’t find it.

Thanks so much, I hope someone can assist.

Not that I know of.

If your slideshow is full height, though, what I would do is create an invisible div and position it absolutely from the top equal to the height of your footer, and scroll to that. That way you’ll get the easing, which I believe is what you’re looking for.

Nice work, sir! A perfect, immediate solution — very much appreciated!

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.