Safari says "redirected too many times" after connecting to custom domain

I connected my domain from porkbun to my site at chank.design. But whenever I visit the site safari says it redirected too many times.

It shows I have successfully connected both www. and non-www. versions. How can I fix this?

Contacted webflow support and no reply. Porkbun says the problem might be at webflow since everything looks good from their end.

I have SSL on and made the www. version default

Did you publish?

DNS looks OK.

;QUESTION
chank.design. IN A
;ANSWER
chank.design. 298 IN A 76.223.27.102
chank.design. 298 IN A 13.248.155.104

;QUESTION
www.chank.design. IN A
;ANSWER
www.chank.design. 299 IN CNAME proxy-ssl.webflow.com.
proxy-ssl.webflow.com. 59 IN A 13.248.141.96
proxy-ssl.webflow.com. 59 IN A 76.223.9.102

;QUESTION
www.chank.design. IN CNAME
;ANSWER
www.chank.design. 299 IN CNAME proxy-ssl.webflow.com.

I tried so many things and i unpublished to try with cname flatttening. I’ll give an update in a moment. Thanks for the reply btw

FYI: DNS records are cached; making a bunch of changes can lead to chaos. You have to set it correctly then wait for DNS to propagate and caches to clear.

Hey. Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about purchasing a new domain for the site anyway. If I remove the current domain stuff now and add the new domain, will the cache be an issue again? Is it tied to the site?

DNS is global, pointing a zone to Webflow is the external part that gets cached. Then within WF hosting the servers are set to “answer” hosting requests. That hosting part is not cached globally which you can change at will in the project settings.

1 Like

So from what I understand, I’m good to go for a new domain? And one last thing. Is getting one from godaddy a good idea since they are integrated with WF? Cos i dont wanna try porkbun again

Should be. Process is very common.

That is up to you. I don’t use them myself as I am set up as a registrar.

1 Like