Root domain nor redirecting to "www" like it should

Hi everyone!

I’m hosting my website in Webflow and added my custom domain. I have set the “www” as the default because I’m familiar to the root domain issue in some DNS providers.

However, my A records are configured as should be, but when I try to access my website using the root domain, the redirect doesn’t happen.

My SSL is activated but I don’t think that this is the problem because I’m not using the root domain as default. I’m using AWS Route 53 as my DNS provider.

My domain is www.dryve.com.br

I’ll be very grateful if somebody could bring some insight about this issue.
Thanks!

Pedro Gandra

1 Like

@pedrogandra Welcome to the forum!

Looks like there might be some issues with your A records. Take a look here: https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/dryve.com.br

I’m not seeing the needed A records to connect your domain to your project.

@Drew_Schafer Thanks for the fast answer!

Right now, my A records look like these in AWS panel:

1 Like

Hello @pedrogandra and @Drew_Schafer , I’m having the exact same issue.
Is there a solution for it? I just filed a custom support at Webflow and AWS Route 53. If I got any update, I will share here as well.

Hey @Rosie_Way Try removing the @ and just leaving that blank. Some DNS providers require you add @ to indicate that it is on the root domain, while others you just need to leave blank.

Let me know if that works.

2 Likes

Hi @Drew_Schafer thanks for the tips! I already updated my domain to Webflow successfully :slight_smile: you’re right, just left the name place blank; while also add the value in the same record. It just worked!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.