Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Responsive Ecommerce with Foxy.io in Webflow

After the “Webflow Workshop - Best practices for building ecommerce websites”
I found this great video tutorial for easy shop integration with Foxycart.

@NAV Thanks for posting the video. We’ve got a couple more videos we’re currently working on. We’ll let everyone know when those are ready. If anyone has a demo they would like to see, let us know and we’ll do our best to put one together.

2 Likes

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the detailed response – and apologies for this belated thanks!

Having had further discussion with my client, its sounds like foxy.io will cover most of his needs.

The last remaining hurdle is a customer account creation – he would only like registered customers to be able to order products.

Looking at the link you provided here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/customer_portalwould you be able to detail the steps to create an account creation and login system that integrates with webflow? A fully fledged portal is not necessary – only the ability to create an account on checkout (or separately), for my client to be able to get access to the data captured at registration (name, email and whatever other info for future marketing purposes). If this

My final question: my client wants ‘trade-customers-only’ to be able to order – so I was thinking we would have a ‘trade login’ link where the user must create an account in order to access a the trade section with the ability to order products – would this be possible? If a login gate is not possible – is it possible to conditionally show webflow CMS content depending whether or not a customer is logged in or not? eg. only show a ‘add to basket’ button (and other elements) if customer is logged in? (thinking out loud – could I use custom CSS to visually hide these elements if they are descendants of some foxy.io class that is only used if users are logged in?).

Many thanks again for your help,
Matt

Hi @matt50.
No problem at all. That’s great news about meeting most your client’s needs!

With Foxy, customer accounts are created on the checkout page. Once a customer gets to the checkout page, you can allow them to checkout as a guest, create an account, or choose from either. Your client will be able to access this information (along with any other custom information requested at the product or checkout level) in the Foxy admin and via email notifications sent to the store owner (your client). Let me know if that would work or if you’re referring to something else.

For your second question, this really falls back on Webflow user/password protection functionality. I think they are working on the ability to password protect individual pages or groups of pages rather than the whole site. If this functionality becomes available then you could have different content/cms collections for the password protected pages compared to public pages.

Feel free to send me an email and we can brainstorm some workarounds with Webflow’s current feature set: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Loving your product, Wanted to know if I can add variables to a product? On product page have drop down to select color of product? So we dont have to duplicate products just because of color differences.

Hope this made sense Matt :slight_smile:

Hi @daniel_cleayweb.
Just responded to your other post here. Please email us and we can get you detailed instructions: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hey Webflow Community!
The response to our Webflow tutorials and ecommerce template has been nothing short of amazing! We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to learn more about Foxy.io and signing up to give us a try.

Since our initial post in the Webflow forums, our free template continues to be cloned multiple times each week and we’ve helped dozens of Webflow users with their online store. In fact, many have already taken their stores live and even more are soon to launch.

We’ve added a new section to our Webflow landing page that showcases Foxy powered stores built by Webflow users. Be sure to check it out!

As always, we’re here to assist if you have any questions or need help getting started. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch: hello@foxy.io

Josh

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi @Dhivya_Sri.
Great question! You can manage your products in Webflow without having to go back to the Foxy admin. Manually add products by linking a Webflow element or embedding an html form. Or you can power an entire store with Webflow’s CMS. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Josh

@Mat Here is something I whipped up for a client with foxy. www.rntimports.com

1 Like

@Scott_Van_Zandt Great job on your Webflow/Foxy website! Looks amazing!

@foxy The combination really works great! I am still trying to learn more about the back-end of foxy and how to complete advanced integrations but I love the platform. Thanks for the initial tutorial, couldn’t have done it without!

P.S I will be making another Foxy/Webflow site this week.

@Scott_Van_Zandt Really glad to hear that. Keep up the awesome work and as always, let us know if you need anything.

1 Like

Hi Foxy, I’ve just had a client ask ‘can we setup a recurring payment option?’ so came to this thread looking…

Did this tutorial ever get done? At this stage it’s so I can get an idea of the amount of work involved in the setup and any limitations before I reply.

Thanks for any information as usual!

Hi @matt50.
Thanks for reaching out. That tutorial isn’t done yet, but creating a subscription based product is as simple as passing in the “sub_frequency” parameter. So if you’re doing a form based product simply add this to your html:

<input type="hidden" name="sub_frequency" value="1m" />

Of course you can pass in just about any type of frequency: 1d, 1w, 2m, 7m, 1y, etc. You can find a list of subscription related parameters here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/products/subscriptions#subscription-related_product_options These other parameters include start date and end date.

If you want the frequency to be configurable by the customer, you can do that via a dropdown or radio group like this:

<select name="sub_frequency">
    <option value="">One-time</option>
    <option value="1m">Monthly</option>
    <option value="3m">Quarterly</option>
    <option value="1y">Yearly</option>
</select>

Let us know if you run into any issues or have further questions. We’re more than happy to help.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Very helpful as usual Josh – thanks!

You are very welcome! :slight_smile:

Hey @foxy I just starting to use the demo code from the admin and make it work but it not show all the product I select on the cart.

When I click one of the items to included in the cart it says:
“Your shopping cart is empty. Click here to return to the store.” And I click it!!!

If you go here and click the t-shirt button it happen:
http://silverio-perez.webflow.io/shop

Why is happening this, is because I’m on demo mode or what?
Thanks.

Hi @Guaby.
Thanks for getting in touch. I’m not for sure I follow. When I click on a product it’s added to cart: http://d.pr/i/QNSZ/60IqUjZi

Maybe you’ve fixed it since posting? Just to clarify, the only limitation on test accounts is that you can’t accept real payments.

Thanks,
Josh

Yes, those product on the slider work fine but the t-shirt doesn’t show. Did you click that?