[RESOLVED] Selecting an element to edit the custom attribute keeps old custom attributes state in edit mode

Hi!

I open to edit one custom attribute, but realy opened another attribute.
Opened attribute is previously editable attribute, but not current.
Show this on video - https://share.viewedit.com/BPYvHRyMx3W8SxhaUz9kEx

After i go to another tab of settings panel and return back - this bug fixed.

My project - https://preview.webflow.com/preview/korolkova-shop?preview=583d2d35349a579ccee9eeaf71f45b38

Hey Anton! :slight_smile:

Thanks for reaching out to us! It definitely looks odd… I’ve tried to reproduce this on my end but with no luck. Can you verify that neither of your extensions is a reason behind such event? Try running browser in Incognito Mode and see if the same happens for you. You can open Incognito Mode with Command + Shift + N.

Also I wonder if there are any errors in the browser console when you encounter that problem. Your browser version might be useful here too, as it might be a browserversion-specific issue.

I’ll be awaiting your reply! :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Bart

Thank you for reply.
In Incognito Mode i have same problem.
Chrome version is 60.0.3112.101.

I set attribute in symbol.
And i set it in checkbox input of form.

It’s critical bug for me, because i use custom attributes in many ways!

Please, help me to solve this problem.

@bart @cyberdave @brryant

This seems to happen after the new canvas went live.

1. Edited another element’s attribute.
  2. Selected next element and clicked on pencil icon to edit the attribute name/value.
  3. Dialog box with previous element’s value is shown

temp

temp

Even if you click the CANCEL button, the value is still stored in the dialog box and is displayed the next time you click edit again.

temp

Furthermore, the Edit dialog box title should be “Edit Attribute” instead of “Add Attribute”.

I’m on Google Chrome Windows Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (32-bit)

1 Like

Thanks @samliew for that solid repro steps and bug verification :slight_smile: I’ll look into it with the team!

Hey @1112!

We’re looking into a way of fixing this issue. Until then, you can use a small workaround.
Before selecting another node with custom attributes you want to set, make sure you DESELECT node. You can do that by pressing Esc key on your keyboard.

1. Select node1 with custom attribute data-something="else"
  2. Edit that node’s custom attribute as you want
  3. Before selecting another node press Esc key
  4. Select node2 with custom attribute data-workaround="true"
  5. Notice how that does work :wink:

I know it’s not ideal, but until we figure out the core issue here this should let you work on your project :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Bart

Thank you Bart!

I found other method - after select first attribute to edit i select block witch not have any attributes.
After that when i select another block with attribute - correct value display.

https://share.viewedit.com/H8g9fnjVz9DMrGiWmCynvA

1 Like

Have the same issue too.
Chrome, not a beta canvas:

wf_bg

When will it correct? :wink:
Really looking forward to!

Hi @1112

Thanks for requesting an update. :slight_smile:

We are continuing to investigate this issue and hope to have a resolution soon!

I appreciate your patience so far. We will post back here as soon as we have more information for you.

Hey @1112 @ma11k!

This issue should no longer appear for you. Let us know tho if this happens again :slight_smile:

Great! Thanks! It’s work!