[Resolved] Losing work and saved changes I made

When this started to happen I thought it was just my mistake but now it’s becoming more frequent and noticeable. I am working on my site, editing content, particularly adding or changing styles and then I find those changes simply vanish. Even new styles I have created just disappear. I’ll go back to a page and see that changes I made have gone and it’s not me simply changing a style somewhere else - I thought that was a possibility until I started paying careful attention but it is not predictable other than it happens more the longer I have been working. So if I work several hours in a stretch I start to loose more of what I’m doing.

It tells me it is saved and will even publish the new styled site but then in the edited styles vanish or revert - even though I can see I made them in a published version of my site!!!

It’s getting unreliable and I am getting worried. I’m also having interaction settings changing and I have to keep going back in and re-changing them

Is this a known issue? I really need help before I spend too much more time as I need to change editor altogether if it’s not fixable. I’m frightened that the larger I build out my site the worse the problem may become.

Hi Anne, I’m sorry that’s happening. This happens to me, albeit rarely, but when it does it is definitely frightening that I’ve lost my work. It’s happened to me when I close my Chrome tab using a shortcut (CMD+W) or click on the X on the tab. At least that’s the one thing that I think causes it If the Saved/Synced indicator turns green and you have even published those changes before that means that your data was actually saved. If you go to your Backups tab in your website’s settings you’ll see a list of backups that were made. You can preview the backup with the highest style and element count to see if that’s actually the latest version.

I noticed that there’s a bug that rarely causes the designer to think that an older version is the correct version. We’re looking into what can be causing that.

Let me know if this helps!

Well, it’s particularly frustrating when I am so careful to regulalry publish but next time it happens I’ll go looking at those back ups. Please can you post if you find a fix for the bug. Thanks

Hey Anne we found out what’s causing the issue. The ironic thing is that if you do come back to your site that you’ve worked on and see old design/content and if you just refresh everything will come back! That means that everything saved normally. The weird thing that happens is that somehow the browser remembers old information instead of checking to make sure it’s the latest info.

That’s all to say that if it happens again please refresh the designer and you should see the most up to date content. We hope to push a fix for this bug soon so it doesn’t happen again and cause any worries.

Thanks!

2 Likes

We pushed a fix for this bug! You will no longer have to refresh or do anything special. When the site is loaded it will do a check to make sure it’s loading the latest content instead of content your browser remembered last.

Thanks for helping us find it!