Renaming cms template issue

Hi

For SEO purposes I’m trying to rename the url of a cms template page but I’ve run into an issue.

Please see these two short videos below:

And here’s my share link
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/semh?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=semh&preview=40abbf0ec7016c9018e7676b025fdd2d&pageId=62291e0aa067fe32f35cce4a&itemId=62291e0aa067fe518e5ccdd9&workflow=preview

I’m not sure why it thinks I have a folder called mortgage already. If anyone can help I’d be very grateful. Thanks

Graham

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hello @GrahamCox, the issue that you have has to do with the fact that you already have a page called Mortgage. The slug you set up on your CMS collection only goes after the name of the collection so it goes like this yoursite.com/yourcollectionname/yourslug and so Webflow is not allowing you to change the url to yoursite.com/mortgage/yourslug because you already have a static page with a url yoursite.com/mortgage. does that make sense? I would suggest to change your Mortgage page name and use that for your collection name. I hope this helps.

Hi Pablo,

It does thank you. I think it threw me because it mentioned having a folder called mortgage rather than a page. Thanks very much for the explanation, much appreciated.

Best wishes, Graham

1 Like