Reference field with 3000 entries.. how to find the right item when updating CMS?

Hi Guys.

I need to have a field in my collection that specifies the region, district and suburb of an address.
In New Zealand, there are over 3000 suburbs. I have tried making a single reference field, but it looks like there is no way to search (or just hit the first letter and it skips down to that value) when using the cms single reference input gui.

Is there a better way to do this?
I looked at dropdown, but you have to manually input each value.

Thanks

Hey @EvanCowan

If you can, use a multi-reference field as long as you only need to show the field on a collection template page since it needs a collection list to show. The benefit is that multi-ref fields are search-able. Just make sure to only ever add 1 reference per collection item. For safety you can also limit the collection list to always only show 1 item.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

awesome thanks!
the limiting thing only works on the front end though right? you cant limit input on the back end?

@EvanCowan That’s correct, but you can leave a friendly note on the field to remind your collaborators that only the first field they input will show.