Problem with Zapier "The app returned "ValidationError: Validation Failure."

Common Issues:

1. Required fields are empty [Name, Archive, Draft]
  2. Input format is different than the allowed field format. Mainly image, URLs, and date fields.
  3. For single-select options, The inputted value is not already an option for that field in CMS or does not exactly match with one
  4. Image size is > 4MB and the File > 10MB.
  5. The name of the image/file shouldn’t exceed 100 characters
  6. Different domains were published at different times.
  7. CMS structure changed from the last site published. [Publish the site on all domains and then try]
  8. In reference field: You’ve used the name instead of its webflow ID.
  9. Added name/IDs in the multi-reference field. It is not directly supported yet. You’d need to use a separate PATCH call using the zapier webhook

Thanks for the great list @chintansavaliya. You obviously have lots of experience with the API. :smile:

For these reasons, using Zapier to sync data to the CMS is not easy. That’s why I created PowerImporter. It’s specifically designed to take care of all these scenarios so you can stop wasting time and get back to designing.

I’m getting the same response from Zapier. I am trying to sync blog posts from a spreadsheet. I’m wondering if it’s actually the IMAGE field that’s causing the problem. I can’t figure out how to provide the image in Google Sheets so that it will work. It’s the only field that I can’t change or remove.

The last screenshot is an example I loaded into Webflow manually. I have a batch of 50 posts now though!!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/point-one-ff28b7?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=point-one-ff28b7&preview=4740c0e62f4712f9b3a5b415a98b49bb&pageId=63f2f8a72d342c421611c89b&workflow=preview

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 12.59.20 pm
Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 12.59.32 pm

After 2 days of frustration, I was lucky enough to identify the problem: THE SLUG (or item link).

Whatever you send to Webflow through Zapier, make sure that the slug (or link) has no space and NO CAPITAL LETTER. It sounds so simple but it worked for me.

I also had the same issue, and like AbebeDan said, it’s usually the slug. Apparently whatever name you choose for your CMS field when creating a collection is the name Webflow will use moving forward in the backend, even if you update those fields. You can find an accurate list of the names/slugs of your CMS fields by using the Get Collection method here: Get Collection

I had updated one of my fields to ‘Target Audience’ from ‘Target Audience(s)’ but Webflow was still using the original ‘target-audience-s’ slug when I tried to do an API call. So I kept getting that validation error because I was using ‘target-audience’. God, took forever to figure this out.

I have the same problem. Now it solved. after I recheck the CMS, there’s one field that has different type with the data from sheets (source). Thank You!!!