Problem with new gallery layout and CMS?

Hi there,
I’m having an issue with the new layouts update. I using the new the new ‘gallery’ layout in the layouts tab, and i’m having trouble with linking my CMS images to it.
This is the gallery I am referring to:

Firstly, in the ‘lightbox settings’ it won’t let me link a multi-image field → gallery lightbox.

Secondly, I tried selecting the ‘main project image’ instead:

If anyone know why this is happening, or has any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks, Matt

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK

Hi @MatthewSpiegelhalter,

1. For the multi-image field you need to use a CMS list widget, which can not be inside a CMS page template (That’s called nested lists, and this feature is not yet available). Your main options for presenting multiple images inside a CMS page are: Use a regular image fields or use custom code.

2. The field called “media” in the lightbox widget is the one connected to the image in the lightbox modal that opens once the thumbnail is clicked. There’s another field over it for the image settings (like in a regular image settings) which in it you should also chose the right image for the thumbnail.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help!:smile: I managed to link everything up using regular image fields.

1 Like