Pricing & Addons

What does this mean?

About removing the Personal Plan…

6 Likes

@AntonioBalderas What page did you find that on?

Definitely we need a more balanced price structure!

2 Likes

You can find it on Design Responsive Websites - Webflow

This makes absolutely no sense, something is just missing in between:

• From NO html&css export to UNLIMITED…
  • Why would one need 2 unhosted sites if those can’t be exported?
  • If it’s just to try it out… OK, but when one decides to “get serious”, will it pay 42$ / monthly?.. Maybe try something else and fly? (that is just another lost customer…)
  • Free users can have Unlimited hosted sites, but for 15$/basic & 20$CMS… That is just too hight and an absolute red flag to walk on another direction.

Give something really useful to the free users, something that will “invite” them to fall in love with Webflow" - You have that potential - but the pricing must be right, not a giant leap to 42$ a month.

You seriously need to realize the power of Webflow on a new perspective… How it touches and affects so many people’s lives (and their income). It has the power to change this industry, but bad strategy can shoot even the greatest ideas.

I’m not just referring to this adjustment in particular. Seems you are not getting the best advisement and you’re walking away from the right direction.

I’m now on a Pro account, so I’m not talking for myself on this one, just giving you my 2$ about your pricing strategy.

Think it right guys and with a different strategy - one that still gets you profit, but with more though about the users - and you will change the future of webdesign.

8 Likes

Pricing structure for Webflow (designer, hosting, white-labeling, ssl, etc) has always been the weakest point of the platform and what is ultimately going to keep people from taking it seriously. I have one client left on Webflow and they’ll be off the platform by this weekend.

2 Likes

$42 just for the ability to remove wf from the code, white label forms.
Export sites to other users had potencial if they get $5 and $10 hosting price.

And even worse the hosting only offers 100 form submissions a moth and only 500 cms items.

1 Like

I don’t use froont or webydo for the price and webflow now it’s like them.

Maybe we need to move back to squarespace

1 Like

It’s a real shame about this change. Even with a discount, casual users are being nudged to the pro plan. Webflow has made it loud and clear that this is only a tool for professional users. I would be willing to pay for per-site export, or a lower monthly fee per active website. But I don’t need unlimited and won’t pay that price point until I can justify it with income to offset it.

I will have to find an alternative and check back in a few months to see if they decide to embrace non-professional users again.

3 Likes

It’s just easier to handcode everything, integrate with Jekyll and host on CloudCannon. That only runs me $25 a month and I can host unlimited sites with a more flexible CMS and data storage options (GitHub, AWS).

2 Likes

You may feel that way but others feel differently.

Even if Webflow double its prices, I am still doing way more design work, other tasks, with a better workflow, quality of work and client relationship than before. And my work has never been more attractive than now.

So Webflow may not be suitable for you, that happens, the world is vast and no tool is made for everyone. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sorry but Webflow apologists just do the platform more harm then good.
Pricing is the epicenter of client relations and getting enterprise to even
think about using a new tool.

Webflow pricing is on the verge of predatory, especially given the way it
handles pushing changes to its customers. There is no transparency,
everything is a surprise and 90% of the time things just disappear without
any explanation or warning.

Claiming you would pay double shows ignorance of the industry and is an
insult to those who rely on this tool to make a living.

I pointed out CloudCannon/Jekyll as a point of reference for a CMS/Host
that offers more for less, with its customers in mind, not their investors
bottom line.

This isn’t the first time Webflow has forced price increases on its
customers with no warning, and every indication points to it continuing in
the future.

5 Likes

trello just did something similar with their powerups and the backlash in the comments caused the trello team to rethink their decision…albeit not all issues have been resolved.

so folks if you are not happy with the direction please speak up. hopefully the webflow team is listening. every time something like this happens it makes me weary to really build my business on webflow. i really love webflow but some of the decision-making is mind boggling to me.

here is the article announcing trello’s change, the backlash in the comments and the response from the trello team:

2 Likes

As a pro, I would like to see better pricing for CMS. Paying additional fees per CMS user doesn’t make sense.

5 Likes

I agree that the pricing has always been the most difficult aspect to deal with. It actually has kept me up at night when I discover some silly limitation that was unaccounted for. The pricing does feel predatory in some respects.

The rhythem continues with the latest pricing scheme. While I am grateful that the Legacy Personal Plan still exists, it is a nebulous arrangement that is not delineated or spelled out anywhere. I don’t know exactly what I am getting for my $240 a year base fee, and it wouldn’t surprise me to have key features disappear without notice. I just wrapped my head around the old pricing structure, which wasn’t easy, and at the moment of commitment, I found the whole thing had changed again.

2 Likes

Where are the 380,000 designers who trust on webflow?

Webflow is a tool for your web design/development tool box. Like most tools (especially good ones) it cost money. Logically, if it cost more than what you can or are willing to pay or you don’t find value in it OR it doesn’t fit your business model…then,well it’s just not for you and that happens.

According to Webflow, current plans aren’t being forced into anything new so that means current users are grandfathered and don’t have to upgrade. Plus it looks like some limits were increased for those selecting to keep a personal plan.

So calling the pricing changes predatory is ridiculous.

You can use Webflow to concept, wireframe, demo projects live and essentially develop a site from an idea, sketch or concept to a live working product. And you don’t have to bounce from program to program in order to do so…taking your clients on the same joy ride and asking them to imagine how something will work. Instead, you can provide clients with live working wire frames or drafts, work through functionality, layout, etc all without doing mockups in AI or PS (or similar product). The time it saves can be spent on a better design, flow, conversion, marketing, etc or it could just mean a quicker more cost effective product for your client.

Comparing this to other tools that I use, I could absolutely justify paying more for the monthly fee. Better end products and happier customers equals more business by referral…we all like that as it’s the best kind of business. Compared to other subscriptions that cost similar amounts or more but the products are used less yet are still necessary like AI an PS…Webflow seems like a great deal. There seems to be a growing demand for designers that know Webflow (take a look at Upwork or other advertisement sources)…so it seems Webflow is being taking seriously. Freelancers and agencies alike are building/expanding business using Webflow. You have to understand the power and flexibility of Webflow to know it’s value and how it is fitting into and changing the industry.

The cost of hosting (basic or CMS) is something that is really between you and your client and if it works for them. There are a several of things to keep in mind about running a site on Webflow and the hosting. It’s fast and reliable, has CDN, you can do a one click back up and/or restore. The quality of hosting is comparable or better than managed Wordpress hosting services like WpEngine or Flywheel. Pricing is right in line.

Webflow may not be for the do-it-yourselfer just because you need to know something about html and CSS to use it well and even with a template you probably need some sense of design but it’s a powerful tool for professionals. Also, it might not be for users trying to make high profit margins on reselling hosting if no support value is added.

The Webflow team has been proactive in asking for user input in questionnaires and has been responsive on the forum. I think some folks always want companies to race to the bottom in pricing. IMO, when companies do that, there is almost always an end result of slower feature growth, less support, or other low-end product issues.

Seems to me Webflow is trying to provide a quality product for web professionals that want a quality, reliable, continuously improved product.

Can’t wait for interactions 2.0 and to see what comes next.

8 Likes

The comparison to flywheel and WPEngine is apples to apples if Webflow is targeting small to large agencies. Both of those services offer plans based on the amount of traffic with up to 5K being the lowest tier. However, it is apples to oranges for the freelancer or solopreneur that isn’t seeing that kind of traffic or doesn’t have clients needing that much volume. Getting rid of the personal plan maybe the writing on the wall that the webflow team is definitively choosing to focus on agencies vs the individual user. Which obviously is their prerogative but the way it was done could have been handled better imo.

1 Like

@jdesign you are trying to find logic and strategy in Webflow’s behaviour but it just doesn’t stand to what we’ve witnessed so far. Webflow might either be deliberately pursuing “web professionals that want a quality, reliable, continuously improved product” or they might not; we can only guess.

But it is out of guess that Webflow have not been able to set their pricing properly from the beginning. It has always been complicated, obscure and grossly unpredictable. They change things all of a sudden, without any previous notice and then fix the mess in panic, after the community has raised its voice. (And I am afraid they even pride themselves in this ingenious tactic of “secrecy”/ “surpise”/ “suspense”/ whatever…).

Sorry, but based on their actions so far, we have no grounds to think that Webflow have a clear idea what they are doing with pricing.

Worse yet, they have been trying to tie the value proposition of their product with the value proposition of a designers’ marketplace. Hence the bizarre fruit of public and private sites and the additional complication… Building a visual coding tool, bundled in one with marketplaces, is a recipe for disaster. It is more frightening than the misguided pricing… Wordpress have that mix, Wix has that mix and I think we all prefer Webflow because they are neither Wordpress, nor Wix. No increase in pricing would ever be sufficient to sustain both the tool development and the marketplaces development. Prove me wrong…