Position panel always showing relative to "Body" even if parent is set to relative

Hello All! Has anyone experienced the position panel always showing relative to “Body”? However when I checked, I discovered the following facts:

1. Body cannot be set to any position
  2. I’m 100 percent sure the Parent element of the absolute child is set to relative

I do believe this is somewhat linked to another problem i’m experiencing.

the newsletter section (symbol) has some elements which I believe is in relative position sticking out , within the boundaries of the previous section. It’s as if I set the other “Alesi” section to Index 100, however I did not and is still static

to test, I did this in a blank page, added a section below it, and still the same happens. Which leads me to the conclusion that the problem is somewhere located in the section with the “relative to body” problem.

Many thanks in advance!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

2 Likes

Update- I’m starting to conclude that this only when there is a collection involved. I am not aware that the rules for positioning changes when elements are linked to a collection.

im having the same issue. what a bug this is. can webflow ppl respond or what?

Same problem here as @jopeezapido said, any workaround?

I cannot do anything really. But for everyone’s info and based on past builds, I could conclude the following:

1. It is only a webflow UI issue - I could see that the “absolute child-relative parent” relationship functions well even if I could see “related to Body”. In short, it functions well, but looks erroneous from my end.
  2. This occurs on elements if the said relationship between elements are under a collection list
1 Like

Just hit this issue myself… Good to hear I am not alone. @jopeezapido Thanks for the info!

Hey Webflow Community! Same problem here. Not even working using !important property

Any chance if there’s work around it @webflowtips ?

same problem with a simbol fixed
this is a big problem!
Schermata 2022-04-04 alle 18.46.38

1 Like

+1 problem here with body …

And another one here…

Got the same issue within a component

Same issue with a component. Beyond ridiculous that webflow hasn’t addressed this after 3.5 years. I guess you just can’t make a sticky navbar component?