Poll: Give your feedback on the new Webflow UI

I like everything except the fact that you have to open the Add Elements (A) panel every time you want to add an element, since it closes automatically. Is there a way to keep it open like it used to be?

And maybe I’m still used to the way it used to be, but it feels odd being on the left when every other panel is on the right. But I can get used to that.

Otherwise, I think the new interface is a big improvement, especially the bottom bar.

2 Likes

I think you should drop the add pages and just keep the one on the top bar that operates as a title for the page as well. I preferred the add elements panel on the right, however even if it stays on the left i wish it would push the design to the side instead of overlaying it, which sometimes requires that i drag an element over and the reposition it once the panel is closed. The interactions took me a second to find in the symbols panel.

The bottom bar is awesome. I like the addition of the top bar as well. Awesome product overall guys!

1 Like

Just my 2 cents on the Add panel. It’s a little jolting that it covers the design board when it’s clicked. It just seemed to make more sense to me to have it as a tab on the right. being on the left IMO adds some unnecessary clutter.

I also personally think that everything in the top bar felt just fine when it was in the left bar. Maybe all that extra empty space that now exists in the top bar and the left bar will soon be filled with a bunch of crazy new features. If that’s the case, Then I can better understand the reasoning for adding a new bar that takes up more of my precious real-estate :wink:

2 Likes

The UI is almost great, but I’ll be really glad if you add such opportunity as copying layer style.

The example of using such thing is next:
I have two same heading styles for h1 and h2, and only one difference is color. Now I should step-by-step copy all parameters, but I’ll be really happy if I can copy all styles from H1 to H2 by pressing one button and finally just change the color.

Also it will be helpful when I copy some elements from one site to another.

1 Like

Hey guys!

Noticed some further changes today to some UI elements namely the Pages Tab (duplication, delete icons etc) have been re-worked. I welcome the change its just that when you use the UI on a daily basis any slight change can be slightly jarring meaning time spent working out if its a bug or some update that you were not aware of :smile: .

Are you able to maybe make a Forum announcement or dashboard pop up when you make a change to the UI? I spent about 30mins today trying to find out why I couldn’t duplicate a page like i used hahaha… Just for those of us who slower at picking things up than others :blush:
I also miss the ability to click the Page title name in the top left to bring up the Page tab :frowning: . This was especially useful during the preview mode to quickly switch pages that were not linked.

Thanks guys!

the only issue I have is - the preview button is located just below and to the right of the Chrome refresh button.

But at Chrome prompts you… “do you want to leave the page ?”

Other than that - the new UI is excellent.

Sorry about that @tim! We are about to announce a new feature, but we had to add the code to make sure everything works. Thanks for pointing this out - we’ll fix page switching in preview mode.

Thanx @thesergie for the update! looking forward to the new feature.

Hi, my suggestion for the new UI is : can you build an “Open Page in Tab” feature, like the one attached below? In Webflow, just like in Illustrator, I need to browse frequently between my design and pages. So, let me know if it’s possible to keep pages open, and copy-paste between theme. :blush:

Thanks
Guillaume

1 Like

I really like the interface, which could change would be “not save the project site automatically, when you have lots to do takes a long time because of the automatic salvamente” something else would be good too "to delete a css style that created, not only edit the name "