Plans - confused!

@Melvyn_Paulino welcome to the forum. Were you able to figure it out? Most people will be able to stay on the free account plan and just pay hosting (that’s a hosting plan) for each of their websites.

@MarOne sorry to hear that. The account plan allows you 10 websites without a hosting plan. They will be able to be published on a webflow.io domain. So your website would live on mywebsite.webflow.io. There are some other limits as well to these ‘unhosted’ website.
Most people are able to stay on the free account plan their whole life cycle with webflow. The hosting is paid per website but that’s standard for hosting no matter where you host your website.

Thank you! I figured it out at last. I am now using a Lite Account Plan and building a website.

Trying to get my head around this too! If I want to create and publish to:

1 ‘blog type app’ to client sub domains e.g. blog.client1.com (domain / DNS managed by godaddy) blog.client2.com (domain managed by another provider etc)

1. my own webflow website

Would I need both a CMS site plan and a Lite Account plan?

Technically if you aren’t working on all three sites at the same time, you could get away with using the Free Account plan and choosing the appropriate Site plans for each project (the two client projects would be CMS sites, and technically - since you have access to the Designer - your website could be a Basic site).

If you want to have more than two active projects that aren’t published to a domain (meaning your not paying for a Site plan on them) then you will need to have a Lite Account plan as well.

1 Like

Thanks - haven’t quite got my head around it.

If I want to have 10 live projects that I want to publish concurrently to the following 10 sub-domains:

blog.client2.com
blog.client3.com etc :slight_smile:

Do I need 10 different Site plans to support these 10 sub domains even if the clients have a website hosted elsewhere?

Or can I simply point to existing DNS / hosting provider within each project by creating a CNAME / @ records so no need for 10 webflow site accounts?

THanks

1 Like

Firstly, to export a project you need to be on the Lite Account plan or higher - Free Account plans can’t export any sites to host elsewhere.

In terms of the blog sites, if your wanting to take advantage of the Webflow CMS you would need to stay on Webflow Hosting - CMS (and E-commerce) functionality is tied to their hosting platform. So that means that each site would need its own site plan.

That said, if you want to take the static exported site, hook it up to the CMS (or blogging platform) of your choice, and run them all on the same server - you would only need to pay for the Account plan on Webflow.

2 Likes

Hi there - my issue is similar to the above. I need to transfer the site to a team but can’t afford for the site to be down for any prolonged period of time (critical point in the semester) – but understand I need to cancel hosting in order to achieve this. Is this correct? - seems a rather drastic route :frowning:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/gsais?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=gsais&preview=e4c04b3eb2c1d98b1c60263b59d2fc2b&mode=preview

Account Team Plan:

Do I need to pay additional (from the $420 year) to publish to a Custom Domain Name

Account plans are completely separate from Site plans.

Site plans come into play whenever you want to host a site on Webflow (aka adding a custom domain) and are required with or without an Account plan. That said, if you have an Account plan, you are able to export projects to host externally (albeit without the benefit of Webflow’s CMS or Ecommerce features) without paying for a Site plan.

I bought a 16$ CMS plan and it is only valid for the current site. If I want to create another site using CMS plan, do I need to buy another CMS plan?

Hi, @Yuxuan_Wu - Yes, you would.

1 Like

This is very confusing if you are not from the webflow community. I even looked down through the https://webflow.com/features before I purchased an account because it says custom domain then you find out you need to have a site plan after you purchase the account plan and try to connect a custom domain. It’s not just that it is confusing it seems misleading because it doesn’t explicitly mention that. I am sure it says it somewhere but if you are used to normal hosting and come over there is no way you are thinking you need to separate kind of plans for a domain.

So I bought the lite plan, then it says it doesn’t support CMS features and I need to upgrade to a paid site plan, so I try to pay for the upgrade and I get this error ‘Conflict with server data: Cannot use ‘hosting-basic-v3’ plan, since Site ‘sutueatsflies’ uses CMS features’ and it doesnt explain anywhere how I overcome this error and now I can’t do anything and my site is down on the weekend of my exhibition and Webflow support isnt available on the weekends and my general impression is… terrible service all round and now discovering this forum, I cannot believe this issue has existed for years and they still havent fixed it. Going to find another service asap