Part way through our new business website to sell onions

I’m part way through the new website for our company. I used Squarespace for our current website, www.oldershawgroup.co.uk but i’m loving the flexibility and the creativity which webflow allows. Please let me know your thoughts, good or bad. I’m always looking for some constructive criticism to improve what i’m doing. Link is here.
http://oldershawgroup.webflow.io/

4 Likes

Nice work @robonions :smiley: I love seeing a before & after and you’ve done a great job! Keep up the great work. :slight_smile:
Unless it’s the look you’re going for, I’d adjust the line height of the Home Slide title class to 120px rather than 81px unless you’re going for the overlapped look. The site is coming together beautifully, great use of interactions, and lovely font styling (I really like the Oswald, Shadows into Light Two & Montserrat trifecta). :slight_smile:

Excited to see the finished product!

Sincerely,

Waldo

Thanks @Waldo. I was going for the overlapped look. Thought it looked a bit different. I’ve been working on it on and off in the evenings now for a couple of months and really please on how it’s coming on. I’m looking for inspiration on how to put together a news section in webflow. Any ideas? Will the new CMS make this easier?

The overlapped look has layers, like onions haha :wink: (Shrek reference there if you missed it).
Show me what you had in mind for the news section, I’m sure it’ll be great. :smile:

Just go look at blogs or newsfeed sites for inspiration. :slight_smile: There are countless ways to organize information & content :smile:

It’s now live. Www.oldershawgroup.Co.UK
Oldershawgroup group website

2 Likes

Lovely site @robonions :smiley: Did you end up using the CMS at all in this build?

Thanks,

Waldo

Site looks nice, good build.
Your logo on the other hand has room for improvement :smile:

Thanks Marshall,
The logo is something i’m stuck with really. Will cost too much to rebrand at the moment. Any suggestions on how to improve it?

Conveniently I happen to do branding… haha!

But for a quick fix, simplify it by dropping the thick yellow border, the remaining elements of the logo are good as is.

It’s tough to make recommendations and changes without knowing more about the business and its goals though, feel free to email me if you want to explore some options further.

contact@marshalletaylor.com

Sorry for the obvious plug lol

@robonions I agree the logo probably needs an update but understand costs control. You might consider a phased rebrand. Come up with a more modern/current looking logo and start integrating it along with your current logo. You could start with the electronic versions and work out to documents, shirts, signage, etc from there. It’s tricky but can be done.

I like the orange color and think I understand where you got it or why you chose to use it…however it seems to compete with the yellow in the logo. I think you might be able to sharpen/strengthen the color palette of the site…maybe check out Material Design. However, I’m normally a user of only black/grey or white text pulling color in text only for highlights or very specific looks.

Also, not sure I understand the positioning of the “Welcome to The OlderShaw Group” text. Overall, it’s a pretty solid looking site … these were just suggestions.