Page Speeds / JS Minification

Hi @JamieBrown

Thank you for posting and for your detailed questions.

Regarding your email to enterprise@webflow.com–apologies that we did not respond. I searched our system but was unable to find an email, which address did you send it from? Do you mind resending your questions to support@webflow.com? Thanks in advance, and I’m standing by for your message.

I will do my best to answer your two questions, then provide some more info around our hosting and site performance.

1. We currently offer a minify CSS feature, but do not have a minify JS feature at this time. You are not alone in thinking this would be an awesome feature to have in Webflow. It is definitely something you can vote for on our Webflow Wishlist.

2. We do leverage browser caching and compression–we have cache expiry headers on all Webflow built sites. If you’d like, you can provide more details on this in the email you send to support@webflow.com.

A few other notes on our hosting:

• Webflow hosts websites on Fastly.com 's secure CDN. This is the same servers that are used for big news sites like The Guardian ( Guardian : Case Study ) . Also, your site assets and automatic backups are kept on Amazon Web Services.

• We have a responsive image feature that creates several image size variants and only serves up the best image for that screen size and resolution. This greatly increases page loading time, but Google does not yet factor this into their page speed tool. You can read more on this here: http://webflow.com/feature/responsive-images

• We’ve also prioritized the Time to First Byte (TTFB), which is the biggest factor in visitor experience and page load speeds. This is often overlooked in most pagespeed tools, but it actually affects your site’s rankings.

• Regarding PageSpeed tools, our CTO, Bryant, explains PageSpeed and its affects in further detail here.
    How PageSpeed Actually Affects Your Google Rankings

• You can also read more about Webflow hosting specifically from this blog post: https://webflow.com/blog/what-to-look-for-in-a-web-hosting-service

I hope this helps to clarify some things for you and your team! Don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions you have!

2 Likes