Page Hierarchy Help?

Hi Guys, I was wondering if you could advise on my page hierarchy please. I’m a little confused on how to use page folders! I have 7 main pages Home, Technical Information, Specify & Buy, About, News, Careers and Contact. These I would like listed on google etc. Then 5 sub pages under *Technical Information (Which is also its own page) and then 5 pages within the subpage IP By Product Type example below.

Home
Technical Information

• IP By Product Type - Data Conversion - Audio - Security - Power Management - Sensing
  • The Composa Process
  • Supported Foundry Process
  • IP Deliverables
  • White Papers

Specify & Buy
About
News
Careers
Contact

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Read only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/agile-analog?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=agile-analog&preview=7f3d65bbf593688bfac19b33f487df21&mode=preview

Hi - The folder name will form part of the URL. For example, if you have a folder named ‘Technical Information’ then add a page in this folder named ‘The Composa Process’ - the URL will be: /technical-information/the-comprosa-process. The folder itself will not be visible as a page.

A better option may be to create Collection Lists titled ‘Technical Information’ and ‘IP by Product Type’ - then you can place as many items in these lists as required. Then create a new static page (titled ‘Technical Information’ for example); and drag the ‘Technical Information’ collection list to this page. Hope this helps!

Hi Craig, firstly thank you for your prompt reply i really appreciate it!

I will have a look into creating a collection list for subpages. One question regarding the folders… If I have a page called Technical Information and then under that page is a folder named Technical Information with the subpages inside would I be able to use the same slug for both if the folder isn’t visible?

Thanks!

The URL will be ‘/technical-information/technical-information.’ There are probably better alternatives to use than that.