Organization plan questions

I want to be able to collaborate on a webflow design, and I’m trying to understand the way the Organization plan works. Do you have more documentation/description on the way soon?

The one article in your KB on this indicates it uses a model like Evernote pro: If I upgrade to an Org plan, all my sites are still in my previous plan, but can be selectively transferred to the Org. Understood that far, but I’m wondering about more questions than I can even form here.

For starters, just the implication that everyone I want to give access to work on a site must have their own plan first opens a field of questions for me.

• Do they need to have a paid plan separate from their membership in the org?
  • If their paid plan only gives them access to n sites of x pages each, what happens when I want to have them work on a bigger site, or one that exceeds their n?

Other questions that immediately follow include things like: Is the only way to collaborate on a site to have it available to every member of the org to work on? Or can I designate an explicit group of users for a given site?

Hoping to start sharing my workload pretty soon, so really looking forward to deeper documentation on the Org feature when it comes!

The members of a team plan need any kind of Webflow account. It can be a free account or paid.

If their paid plan only gives them access to n sites of x pages each, what happens when I want to have them work on a bigger site, or one that exceeds their n?

All projects for a team plan are kept in a different tab, separate from personal projects.

Is the only way to collaborate on a site to have it available to every member of the org to work on?

Currently yes, every project of an org is available to every member of that org. We don’t have more complex management yet.

Btw, we’re working on better documentation to answer questions like this.

1 Like

Great, thanks Sergie

@thesergie: It looks like your Org plans have pretty much stabilized, but in case they’re still in play: It would be great to see the collaboration as an option uncoupled from the other Org account features.

The $84/mo entry Org pricing is a screaming deal for 100 sites – how can anyone argue with 84¢/month per site, on top the great tool itself? But as a small consultancy (not web dev shop) I don’t do nearly that volume, but the need to collaborate directly in Webflow is a pain I feel every day.

I’d be happy to sign up for an ala cart add-on for an additional $30/mo (or maybe an extra $250-$300/year) to let me add an extra collaborator or two on a non-Org plan, jump from personal to pro once I need to manage more than 20 sites, and remain a blip on your server costs compared to a shop with 100 sites actively brewing.

FWIW. My guess, you might convert a lot of other single- or two-person consultancies, so fingers crossed that these plans aren’t completely locked down.

1 Like

Totally @ramatsu. We’re thinking about ways to incorporate collaboration for sites so two pro accounts can collaborate on a site.

Yesss! I hope that either that becomes a free part of pro, or that you could make it a cost-extra option on a personal plan.

Am starting a small web design company, we a team of 5 Designers, thinking of signing up for organizational plans, we can only afford the small organizational plan. but that plan can carry only two users, will be kinda hard working with considering we a 5 people. Is @webflow planning on increasing number of users on organizational plans. Will be very helpful for startup like me.