Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Options for custom coding CMS galleries

Hi, I’m interested in learning more about the potential for using custom code or HTML embeds for galleries, and whether anyone has ideas about a solution for a specific client request.

The client is currently unconvinced about Webflow mainly because they have a large number of galleries needed for their site. They currently display them like this: http://rmdalton.com/project/myford/ - which isn’t ideal UX-wise imo, but it would be great to be able to categorically tell them I can build something the same or similar.

Does anyone have any good examples of implementing something like this using the CMS, with which each project could have a non-specific number of images uploaded to it and be displayed this way?

I found a few old topics but the examples were 404’d. Possibly @sabanna is a good authority on the subject?

:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @joshuafry

I’m currently developing a site with image galleries that has the same structure. I was in the middle of it when IX2 came out and decided to go back and rebuild some stuff with the new interactions. Unfortunately I don’t have a demo ready just yet and it can take a few days to have something working for this specifically.

IMHO I would go with custom code because I think you have more control over the elements and I haven’t found any embed galleries that fit my requirements for this idea although there are tons.

One that I was looking into was http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/ maybe that can help you.

If you want to share some of your discoveries it would be great for the community.

Thanks aaron. Unfortunately I don’t have time to explore it myself before this contract gets won or lost and I think it could put them off unless I can give specific examples of something appropriate having been achieved with the CMS. I believe I could build something that will work well for them but as I’m snowed under with other stuff I’m not sure I can prove it right now as will take a few days as you say! Either way I intend to experiment with it in the future to better understand what is possible here and will be sure to post anything that comes off well.