Only Part of Rich Text Block Color Changing

Hi, for some reason, even though I have the text color set to white for the rich text block, only the headings are white and the paragraph text is gray. I think it’s because I set the all paragraph tag to have all the paragraphs be gray, but I’m not sure how to undo it. I only want some of the paragraph text to be white, as I alternate between light and dark backgrounds. I tried overwriting it with another tag, but it still only changes the heading color.

Could someone please let me know how to fix it? Thank you!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/amandas-portfolio-5ed93c?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=amandas-portfolio-5ed93c&preview=074278d6a54364ab69784d34059deeb3&pageId=6428898ff9d51a5e0588b45a&workflow=preview

hi @y_zxn you do not have a proper understanding of what RTE element is for. In short, RTE blocks are predominantly used for large rich (with media) texts. A good example is a full blog post you are pulling from CMS on a template page so there is only one RTE. For your simple paragraphs with headings use standard divs h1 and p elements to make your life easier instead of using RTE. The way you are using RTE is not correct.

Hi Stan, sorry I’m new to Webflow so I’m sure that a lot that I’m doing incorrectly :persevere: :pray: when I was watching tutorials, they said to use RTE when you want to use different styles in a grid. Is there another way I can use different font sizes in a grid?

??? CSS Grid has nothing to do with fonts, styles etc. as it is used for layout.

do you need further assistance with your request @y_zxn ?

If you are trying to change the color of only a part of a rich text block, you can do so by highlighting the portion of the text you want to change and then selecting the desired color from the color picker tool.

1 Like

Sorry I might have not worded it correctly, I’m using the grid for layouts but my understanding is within each cell, I can only add 1 type of text element. If I want to have something in different font sizes in 1 cell, for example, I use RTE to achieve that. Is that correct or am I still misusing RTE?

Also, I was able to figure out how to change the text color back, thank you for asking!

Ohhh I didn’t know that, thank you for sharing!! I’m not sure if I’m doing it wrong, but every time I try highlight a certain part of the text in a rich text block, after I click on the color, it highlights the entire text block, not just the part I highlighted. Is there some kind of trick to change only part of a rich text block?

Yes, that is correct. To achieve different styles use different classes. If you want to change only some words inside the text you should use span.

If you are still convinced that you need to use RTE for simple text there is a many solved requests on how to work with RTE. Here are only my responses to several requests but feel free to find more via the search input field in the top left corner. :person_shrugging:

https://discourse.webflow.com/search?q=rte%20in%3Aposted

Ohhh I see, I’ll try using span instead! Thank you for all your help and guidance :pray: