On scroll interactions on modal

So I have a problem here with modals. I cannot figure out how to make scroll based interactions work inside the fixed but scrollable windows. I created a simple test to show what exactly I mean - the exact same structure and interactions do not want to play nice once placed inside modal and that’s that. Did anyone face this before? Appreciate any insights!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @dram,

At the moment scroll interactions only apply to elements having parent elements which are not set to scroll overflow.

This means, if you have content in a div, and the div is set to overflow scroll, then the scroll based interactions will not work at the moment on the content inside of that div that scrolls.

I hope this helps

1 Like

I see. So that’s by design. Is that likely to be changed in the future or should I forget about this for the time being?

Thank you for clarifying!

Hi @dram, thanks, well this is likely to be that way for awhile, I could not give you a timeline or possiblity for this, but it is a good idea for the wishlist: https://wishlist.webflow.com.

For now, I would look at other ways to trigger the interactions, perhaps by using a button, or put your content into sections under the body and allow the content to scroll relative to the body with no scroll overflow styling set.

I hope this helps.

I am afraid this is a very rare use of interactions and I doubt many people will be enthusiastic about something as obscure as this. The WF team would be better off concentrating on way more important things like getting new interactions polished :wink:

Thank you for your time, Dave!