On hover make a pulled glitch effect

I am trying to recreate this effect I found on https://www.granyon.com/
When the mouse hovers there is some sort of pulled glitch situation …
Though it seams that this effect is applied not to text but to an image.

Would anyone know how this works?

( I am a beginner, so would appreciate any directions)