Not using google font but still has it as the third party

In my project font setting, I have not used any google fonts directly to make my web load faster.

But when I run the google lighthouse check, it still says that google font is a third party.

Not sure if this is because I missed something in Webflow or it is because of the lighthouse.

Pictures of all the custom fonts and fallbacks:

Here is my read-only link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/dundas-life?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=dundas-life&preview=d18e69733ba911724533967529783e44&pageId=62a18f42b2b19a5c4dbfd314&workflow=preview

Published link: About Us - Dundas Life

I suggest you run a CSS Overview report in chrome/ms edge/brave (or any chromium based browser) and look at your fonts usage. You will be able to drill into all of the classes where a font is used. You have many instances of Poppins being used BTW.

CSS Overview: Identify potential CSS improvements - Chrome Developers

Hi, I have run a CSS overview and it seems that there is a font called montserrat that I am not using but imported by Webflow. Is there a way to solve it?

20220706002.png
20220706003.png

Also, another question is I am so many Poppins fonts because I need to use different weight all over the website, is there a better practice for this?

Hi, I have run a CSS overview and it seems that there is a font called montserrat that I am not using but imported by Webflow. Is there a way to solve it?

Also, another question is I am so many Poppins fonts because I need to use different weight all over the website, is there a better practice for this?

@DAJY - If you have a class with a font selected then it the project will load it. If you used the tool like I suggested, you could easily see all the classes where a font is assigned. You then go to that class in the designer and change the font selection. Do that for every instance and those fonts won’t be loaded.

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Have another question: I runned a google lighthouse check on my website and it shows that I need to reduce JS execution time and main-thread work. I am wondering how can I do this on Webflow. Any advice, articles or videos would help.

Here is my site Read-Only:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/dundas-life?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=dundas-life&preview=d18e69733ba911724533967529783e44&pageId=62a18f42b2b19a5c4dbfd314&workflow=preview

Published link: About Us - Dundas Life

@DAJY - You can only choose not to load additional resources. You cannot change defaults unless you host off Webflow. Performance tuning is non-trivial. Lighthouse points to resources to help you evaluate recommendations.

1 Like