'noindex' detected in 'robots' meta tag

Hi everyone,

Recently I have been trying to get all our site pages indexed on Google and for some reason Google is reading a ‘’ ‘noindex’ detected in ‘robots’ meta tag’’ on the pages in the private label section of the website. The private label page itself is indexed but the sub-pages keep getting the noindex error.

So far I have checked the pages’ codes and there isn’t a single line of ‘noindex’ code to be found. I have submitted the sitemap again to google but this did not fix it either.

Is there anyone that experienced the same issue and knows how to solve it? I have included the read only link for the website and some screenshots that define the problem.

Kind regards

Here is my site Read-Only:
Webflow - The Stillery Amsterdam

That’s odd, are you using custom code anywhere? That messes with things sometimes. I had a quick look but couldn’t find anything right away.

Hi Sarah,

First of all, thank you very much for replying to my query.

At the moment the only custom code we have implemented is for a cookie. We are completely in the dark as to why these pages get marked as ‘noindex’ by Google. We thought it might be due to them being cms pages but this doesn’t make sense when you consider we have other cms pages that do get indexed.

If you have other recommendations for us to check then please keep them coming!

Kind regards

I don’t see the meta tag in that pages HTML source. I did take a look at your robots.txt file and noticed high ASCI characters on your exclusions. These should be removed. Use splats * for wildcards. Is there a coloration? I don’t think so but you never know.

I also suggest you use Google’s search central for your site. There are diagnostic tools provided.

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response! Regarding the Robots.txt, I have noticed that too and I couldn’t find a solution for it so thank you for your suggestion. One more thing, could you give me an example of your solution?

Right now my input for the robots.txt looks like this

User-agent: *
Disallow: /‍terms-of-Service
Disallow: /‍styles

Kind regards

What solution? If you are referring to the use of asterisks that was just a reference. Googles explanation of how to use robots.txt is pretty complete. Create and submit a robots.txt file | Google Search Central  |  Documentation  |  Google Developers