No sorting options

Hey guys! Over three years here and still nothing. Is it really that complicated to implement?

For those still struggling, the option to sort the items in a multi-reference field is there, just not where you’re expecting it. You actually set the order when you select the items to be added in your multi-ref list, so in admin, not in the template.

Here’s a screen grab of what I mean - this is the order the list will display on the front end. Yes, it’s manual rather than automatic like a-z or by date, but it’s arguably more flexible.

The above is outlined on the multi-ref university page, but it’s a little unclear - I had to read it a couple of times to fully understand what it was saying:

"Why isn’t there filtering and sorting options for Collection lists connected to a multi-reference field?

There’s no filtering and sorting options for this Collection list because it automatically shows the referenced items for that page in the order that you’ve selected them within the multi-reference field."

Hope that helps anyone else confused by this issue :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I didn’t think it was this easy. Happy to scroll all the way down🤠