No images through reference field in collection list

Hello.

For a news page I have created a Collection. This collection contains text, photos, etc. In addition, I have also created a collection for social media, which contains icons and links.

The news collection contains a reference field to this social media collection list.

I have now created a web page with a collection list that refers to the news collection. Everything works as expected except when I try to link the image from the social media collection (reference) to an image field.

Whatever I try, nothing appears. The photos from the image field from the news collection can I get visible, but not the one’s from the reference collection?
Is this a bug?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @HGWeb, thanks for your post. Would it be possible for you to share the project read only link? Share a project’s read-only link

Reference fields can be used on a collection list on static pages or on collection template pages, multireference fields can be used in Collection lists placed on collection template pages only.

I am happy to take a look further if you can help to share the project read only link.

Also, here is info on how to use the Reference field and Multi-reference field

Hello.

Here is the shared link:

It's on the 'nieuws template' page in the collection list.  The

image in the ‘link block’

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/arc-en-ciel-be2e87?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=arc-en-ciel-be2e87&preview=27350aae0e6119f3aa331f4c8d4c5a08&mode=preview

Still no answer from cyberdave. Seems difficult.

Hi @HGWeb,

I do apologize for the delay in response as Dave has been sick the last few days. Also, we are not on here everyday.

As for your issue, here is what I see. You have all of your social media in one collection item instead of having them as separate CMS items within that collection. Also, you do not have your reference field connected to your News items. Until that reference field is connected you will not be able to view that item. However, as I mentioned, the way you have your social media setup at the moment, you will only be able to see only the first one, ever.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

Hello Brandon.

Thanks for your answer. Now its working!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.