Streaming live at 10am (PST)

No-Code Conf speed build challenge - Applications now open!

Can you build cool things in Webflow within 5 minutes, and are you ready for a challenge?

During this year’s No-Code Conf, we’ll be hosting a live speed build challenge. We’re looking for 8 challengers to compete in a bracket-style competition to build something quickly and creatively in Webflow.

Mice will be clicked! Fun will be had! Prizes will be awarded! Each challenge will be limited to 5–10 minutes and will be judged on speed, creativity, and thinking outside the box by our panel of judges and our live No-Code Conf audience.

Accept the challenge →

Prizes*

All 8 Selected Challengers

• 1 x $200 coupon code to use in the Webflow merch store
  • 1 x twelve (12) month subscription to a professional Webflow account
  • 1 x Logitech BRIO webcam
  • 1 x lavalier microphone
  • 1 x ring light

3rd Place

• 1 x AirPods Max (3rd place)
  • Cash prizes

2nd Place

• 1 x 12-inch iPad Pro (2nd place)
  • 1 x 2nd generation Apple Pencil (2nd place)
  • Cash prizes

1st Place

• 1 x 16” MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip (1st place)
  • Cash prizes

*prizes are contingent on your acceptance of additional terms and conditions applicable to the speed build challenge that will be provided to you upon your selection.

6 Likes

Cool challenge! Any more details on what we will build? A page, element, interaction?

1 Like

Create an illustration of a mobile phone from scratch in Webflow and record a video using Loom (a free screen recording app).

Your video must be:

• Live and unedited to demonstrate your work
    • No longer than 5 minutes
    • Submitted by Thursday, October 28 at 10:00am PT

here is an example:

More details here:

2 Likes

Quick question about the competition - it says no JScript - does it mean that I can’t even do very simple things like emulate clicks?

Right. No JavaScript or custom code for this challenge. You’ll need to utilize elements in the Add panel and Assets (add your own) in combination with styles and interactions. Record yourself for 5 minutes starting with a blank canvas and see what you can do in that amount of time.

Next year it’ll be really cool if we can open it up further with different competition categories that could include low-code or layout challenges. This year it is about creative use of elements and interactions.

Can you explain what you mean by “emulate clicks?” maybe you can do it with Webflow interactions instead.

sorry for the late reply - so for example if I set up an interaction that is triggered by a button press I can add an event listener so that when I click on a different element, it simulates the same button press… like so:

$('.about').on("click", function() {
 	  $('.about-link').trigger("click");
 	  $('.nav-close').trigger("click");
    setTimeout(function(){
    	$('.nav').css("overflow","hidden");
    }, 2000);

I was thinking of recreating a nav menu using interactive lottie (as I outlined in this post)

@PixelGeek
Hey Nelson! Great stream yesterday!

But, honestly, I feel you did not check all the submitted videos. My video at Loom has 0 views. :sob: (I fulfilled all the requirements as an applicant I think)

Not a big deal but if you put it out there, lots of people put quite an effort in this – so at least you really should have a look.

Don´t get me wrong, all the 8 winners definitely have deserved it! Great work!!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

You might have also liked mine too because it´s quite different – no pictures/fancy assets/lottie, instead all built in webflow only.

In case you still want to see:

Cheers and keep it up!
You guys are GREAT!!!
Manuel

1 Like