I really like your new website. Great you put your old site as well so we can see the road you’ve taken since last year
:) Keep up good work!
On the other hand I have to - again - say few words about optimization and mobile-friendly.
The last 3 images from the
u-pustaka project are not only over 200KB… they are over 300KB! To be precise it’s 391KB, 388KB and 413KB.
- 2.introduction.jpg - 454KB
- 800x600.jpg - 211KB
- christmas-dribbble.png - 316KB
- mybrainlab.jpg - 296KB
- oxy.png - 443KB
- rms.jpg - 209KB
- scerisequenec-_2x.jpg - 222KB
- u-pustaka-hero.jpg - 207KB
- u-pustaka-mobile-look.jpg - 391KB
- u-pustaka-visual.png - 388KB
- u-pustaka-wireframe.png - 413KB
- mybrainlab-collateral-designs-2.jpg - 219KB
- mybrainlab-collateral-designs.jpg - 251KB
- mybrainlab-hero.jpg - 242KB
- mybrainlab-sketches.jpg - 208KB
- mybrainlab-website-design-development.png - 2.5MB!
- gridbear-collateral-designs-1.jpg - 202KB
- gridbear-sketches.jpg - 224KB
- gridbear-website-design-development.png - 2.9MB!
- monzter-collateral-designs-1.jpg - 287KB
- monzter-collateral-designs-2.jpg - 636KB
- monzter-collateral-designs-4.jpg - 253KB
- monzter-hero.jpg - 317KB. There is a pattern going on. Why don’t you simply use the pattern and have a gradient in CSS behind it?
- rms-hero.jpg - 359KB
- rms-sketches.jpg - 246KB
- rms-website-design-development-1.jpg - 952KB
- rms-website-design-development-2.jpg - 379KB
- rms-website-design-development-3.jpg - 373KB
- rms-website-design-development-4.jpg - 340KB
- thecube-mobile-look.jpg - 440KB
- thecube-visual.png - 824KB
- thecube-wireframes.png - 314KB
- logofolio-hero.jpg - This one is not over 200KB, but it has a pattern
and plain background. Why not using PNG as pattern? It would minimize
the file to below 5KB.
I’m not going to go through blog posts. You see the problem here, at least you should. Keep your images below 200KB so they are visible at all devices (mobile). Eg. iOS doesn’t show images over 250KB for some reason. On some Android devices they are not visible if over 200KB! Windows Phone seems to handle them on newer devices, but sometimes it gets buggy over 200KB. So try to keep it low-size
Just to clarify, I don’t want to point that you did something bad and you should feel sorry. No! I just want to show you the mistakes that all of us did once, but thanks to people around us we managed to solve those issues and we know now how to handle them