New Editor X by Wix

If anyone thinks I’m being grouchy, checkout this totally valid community help ticket:

I spent months trying to create scripts and flows that enabled me to work with Webflow from various client-friendly platforms like Google Sheets and Airtable.

I literally researched the entire community help forums, I found so many ignored or forgotten help tickets. How hard is it to fix an issue with SVGs? A-hem, Webflow, WHERE IS YOUR SUPPORT?

I was working with a staffing agency and guess what? All those SVG logos I had in my Airtable for various companies? Useless. I scoured community forums for help and Webflow just leaves a trail of tears for basic elementary issues like this. If you go to that link above you’ll see two users, like ships passing in the night, just basically shrugging at each other because Webflow is AWOL. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So what am I supposed to do? I have a client that runs a staffing agency… do I tell them I can’t show logos for companies or do I abandon Webflow? I obviously abandoned Webflow for that project and realized the power of Netlify CMS.

I’m just so disappointed. Just like Harry Potter changed my life then in 2015 became a sort of obnoxious polarized nonsense, Webflow opened up a new world to me but simple small issues like this get ignored and I’m forced to look elsewhere for a “new Webflow”.

If you’re comfortable with Webflow jump to better more powerful options anyway. Love you Webflow! Just sharing my frustration. Unless Webflow plans to use the $72 Million given to it, I’m done.

Seriously: Webflow Raises $72M Series A, Continuing The Trend Of Outsized Early-Stage Rounds

Webflow is quickly becoming the MySpace of WYSIWYG Web Development Tools. I am so happy competition is here to remind Webflow that performance matters, especially to the users who rely on and champion their platform to clients, colleagues, and peers.

1 Like