I’m attempting to build a site for an artist collective and am trying to determine if there is a way to accomplish the following with the Webflow CMS (or some other hack with using 3rd party tools).
This site, built using Webflow seemingly has the functionality I need: https://www.roguefilms.co.uk/
- List all artists on a page with filters (this seems possible using nested collections and something like Jetboost).
- Individual page for each artist with:
- a portfolio of their work featuring up to 20 images and/or videos, with each item having a cropped thumbnail and then a larger, uncropped version or the original video for display in a modal.
Currently, I setup a collection for “artists”, and then created a seperate “portfolio-items” collection that I then used as a multi-reference. The problem is is that there doesn’t seem to be a good way to organize the portfolio items – they just end up “flat” in the “portfolio-items” collection.
I thought about just adding perhaps 20 image or video fields, but then how could I link 2 of them together (ie. this is thumbnail 1 and this is full size 1), and furthermore, how could I loop through them on the artists’ portfolio page?
Hope that makes sense? Any help or advice would be wonderful.
So @michaelwarning , you may need to set up a third collection for specific categories then make a reference to them within the portfolio items collection. Then what you can do and use those category page templates to display portfolio items that belong to that specific category using a filter targeting the category reference field you created.
Please let me know if you need more of an explanation or if you have any more questions.
Thanks so much for your response. I still don’t quite understand.
In my scenario, I need to be able to:
- Have an artist profile page with the following:
- A hero image for the artist
- A grid featuring thumbnails of each of the artists’ portfolio items.
- Upon clicking, an alternate version of the image (ie. a different crop) displays in a lightbox. Or in the case that the portfolio item is a video, a video player in the lightbox.
Note: It would be nice to have some meta data for each item in the portfolio (ie. description of the image, credit, etc).
- A page displaying all artists and their “hero” image. On this page, I would use Jetboost to filter artists by their specialties and by their locations – both values would also come from the CMS.
Does this make sense? Do you think it is possible?
I’m quite happy to pay for anyones time if they think they could help me put together a quick example to show my stakeholders.
@michaelwarning Yes so I will make a video demonstration to show you exactly what I’m talking about because it’s the same idea as I was talking about before.