Streaming live at 10am (PST)

NEED HELP! It's my SECOND time posting this issue and nobody replied! Slideshow pauses sliding when I hover over it

my slider won’t continue playing after I hover over the page.

I added this code to head tag told by @Andrew_Coderre,

[.class-name] { pointer-events: auto; }

but my slider still stops playing after I hover over it…

also the none word is in red…

Here is my site Read-Only: [https://preview.webflow.com/preview/udelop?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=udelop&preview=8bbbfe8e9756b08e3836700c60e1a79b&mode=preview]
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey @udelop,

I’ve been off the forum for a bit so didn’t see your other post. I notice a couple of things right away, but to be sure can you also provide the published link?

Best,
AC

Hey @udelop,

Never mind, I found the website.

Here is what’s going on:
-Your main slider class is Slider desktop, since that is a single class selector there needs to be a dash between the words instead of a space for proper css syntax. If the code was written as Slider desktop the element would be able to be selected using either the Slider class name, or the desktop class name. To prevent errors, Webflow replaces the spaces in class names with dashes, and changes them to lowercase. Example:

In order to properly call that class with custom code, you must change your selector in the custom code section from Slider desktop to slider-desktop.

Furthermore, instead of changing each individual slide to pointer-events: auto;, just call the button’s class that you have on all slides. If I am not mistaken that is the only element you need to have clickable, correct?

Here is the code:

.slider-desktop{
pointer-events: none;
}

.button-22{
pointer-events: auto;
}

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Best,
AC

It’s working! Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like