Navbar elements sensible to page sections

Hey guys,
does anybody know how I can make the Navbar elements sensible to the sections?
I would like to underline the Navbar element when the particular section is viewed (as you can see in the example.

HI @creatspot

What you need to do is add in-page links to your nav elements. Set the ID of each section and create a link to those IDs.

When this is done a "current class will become available that you can style. The current class becomes active when the section with the corresponding ID scrolls into view. This is also when you will be able to edit the current class style.

2 Likes

Hi @creatspot, if you need additional help with the site, it is helpful to provide the read-only link to your site: Learn web design with free video courses and tutorials | Webflow University

That way we can help if you run into further issue. :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

Hey David & David,
thanks for the fast answer!
I already added in-page links but the current class didn’t become available?
Do you know what I missed out?
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/eciu?preview=6118c573d1fe0933e30cd60863d1a9bf

Hey Dave, thanks for the quick answer.
So it’s not enough to have the links inside a navbar element?

Hi @creatspot, there was couple of sections that need the id’s fixed, and then scroll to each section and select the nav link that is linked to that section to access the current class. I have made a quick video :slight_smile:

I hope this helps, let me know :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

WOW!
Thanks so much! Very well explained and thanks al lot for all the effort :smile:

1 Like

I got everything working now and even could underline the row by adding a link block to it. Just one more question, is it possible to keep the current state when you passed the section that triggers the current state?

Hi @creatspot, no, not really, since those states show only for Current state – there is not a Visited state, but it is something we can look add in future updates :slight_smile: I would recommend that for our Wish list: http://forum.webflow.com/t/about-the-wish-list-category/6516