Nav bar only appears on home page

When I add a navigation bar to the home page it doesn’t show up on all the pages. What am I missing? I followed the tutorial exactly. Any help would be VERY appreciated. Thanks!

Only things you add manually will be added on pages.

A navbar can be SYNCED on all the pages but no added automatically.

Select your navbar (be carreful to select the upper element), go to the 4th tab (Objects) or type H, click on create symbol. Now drag this symbol on all your pages. Any modification to the navbar (double click to edit symbol), anywhere, will impact all the occurences of the symbol.

Thanks SO SO much! One more thing, instead of a logo for the header I used plain text. I want it to link to the home page, but when I try to put it in a text link it doesn’t work. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious here also. Thanks again!

In the navbar widget, on the left, you have an element called BRAND. This is a link block. Wether you logo is an image, an icon, a text or a mix of all of these, you put it inside this BRAND element. Then you select the BRAND element and give it the appropriate link in the settings tab.

There are benefits in using the navbar widget and respecting its structure: it’s properly HTML5 tagged, and the structure is as compliant as it can be (SEO benefits). That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t build a completely custom navbar at times, but when you do, you need to put tags manually and check if you have a correct structure.

I just went ahead and did that and it worked but now I’m seeing that when I hover over the text it fades. I checked to make sure opacity is at 100% in the hover state and it is. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Why would it fade when I hover over it when I haven’t applied an effect?

It can be a parent element who have the hover element…

Can you please share your project’s public link so it’s easier to understand your issue?

Learn how to do it here: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.