Nav Bar Issues - Nav Bar Opens Halfway Down the Page

So my navigation bar works perfectly on desktop, but I can’t get the hamburger to open properly on my home page.

When I use the same nav bar on other pages, it opens perfectly. Can’t figure out where the conflict is happening.

When you click on the hamburger button, instead of their being a dropdown menu just below the nav, the dropdown shoots down about half a screen where it works great. Can’t figure out how to make it dropdown just below the nav bar.

Can anyone help me?

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Personabilities

@JornK

Can you help? I would appreciate any insight, or video links if someone has already fixed this glitch before.

Hello William,

I took a quick look and although I’m not completely sure what the full problem occurring is, I can tell you how to fix it.

Go to your home page in the editor and in the navigator on the left, select your section called “Navbar”.

-Now, look over at the top right and you’ll see a selector also called “Navbar” in blue. - Delete this and then add a new selector (like “NewNavbar”) Make sure you delete the selector and make a new one, don’t duplicate or rename.

After, look just above where you were just editing the selector and you’ll see 4 tabs, one with a cog wheel - select that one (make sure you are still selected on the navbar on the left in the navigator).

About half way down on the “cog wheel” panel, you’ll see a section called “Navbar settings” - in this section you’ll see an option that says “menu type” and it is currently on “Over right” - Switch this to “Drop Down”.

This seems to correct the problem on my end. Let me know if there’s any more difficulties and I’ll take another look.

Best,

Jeff Wagar

3 Likes

Jeff, thank you so much! It works perfectly now!

1 Like

This worked for me also, I think my navbar was stuck in a weird state and this refreshed things to something that made more sense and was responding to my absolute settings.