my selected template does not show up on canvas in webflow

my selected template does not show up on canvas in webflow

Hi Balaji,

Which template are you having difficulty with? And just to confirm, you’re selecting to open the template into the designer and it’s not opening up?

-Jeff

Thanks very much for the reply.
Right at the beginning, as I select the template or a blank page it takes me to the
designer. As I try to edit or build the canvas is empty and to edit it says I need to publish it.
I have nothing.
Actually I am trying out free plan to see if I can.

Kindly help.
thanks very much in anticipation

Bala

1 Like

Hi Bala,

Sorry for the slow reply, my work comes in waves at times.

I haven’t encountered it myself but I could see some more advanced templates needing to be published for some sort of functionality (like an automated workflow for example). This should be easy to solve.

If you look near the top right of the designer, you’ll see a little drop-down tab that says “publish”. Click on that and it will show two options with checkboxes (one for the generic domain and one for a custom domain). You can publish to the generic domain (webflow.io) without it costing you - so if you publish the website to that domain, it should work.

If for some reason it doesn’t work, I’ll need to get a bit more info and maybe a share link to see what’s going on. This will show you how to provide a share link:

https://discourse.webflow.com/t/how-to-enable-a-webflow-share-link/2573/18

Let me know how it goes!

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I did try the suggestions earlier too and after your reply again.
It did not work. I am convinced that there is something wrong I am doing.
I am sharing the link as suggested by you. Kindly let me know your advice.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/balajis-business-starter-279bd9?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=balajis-business-starter-279bd9&preview=791bb5d8c8c21ffd4a470b1a16d353e6&mode=preview

Kind regards
Thanks very much.
Bala

Hi Jeff,

After replying you once again I tried. This time it worked. I could go to the editor. however it does not open in the designer at all. So I am restricted to use only few tools in editor. Not so very useful thing.

If you find time kindly let me have your advice.
thanks and regards.

Bala

Hi Bala,

I tried using your share link, but it keeps giving me a 404 error. Maybe try sharing the link again?

• I think every time you publish, the link updates. So if you had published again after sharing, that might be the reason for the link not working.

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I am sending the link once again. On editor I tried uploading an image and updated it.
however I could not open it in designer.

the link is this.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/balajis-business-starter-279bd9?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=balajis-business-starter-279bd9&preview=05c90bb03ac89f0477e3e5169f065b03&mode=preview

Kindly let me know. Till you revert I am not getting into making any changes.

thanks very much again.

Bala

Hi Bala,

I clicked on the share link and it did open fine on my end. However, I’m not having any difficulties with the designer - I’m able to navigate between pages, edit/delete/add elements, everything seems to be working good for me.

I’m honestly a little confused as to what the problem could be and worry that it might be a bit beyond my ability to assist.

So, first (just to humor me) try clicking on the link you just shared, this made your project open fine for me, just clicked the little eyeball on the top left to get out of preview and I was in the editor; maybe, if we’re really lucky, this will get around and hopefully correct whatever the issue is once the editor is making the right connection.

If that last ditch effort doesn’t work, I’d suggest reaching out to Webflow directly since I’m not able to recreate the problem.

Sorry - Best of luck!

-Jeff

Thanks a lot Jeff,

for your patience and time. Let me try more from my side otherwise
I shall refer to them directly.

Very kind of you.

Best

Bala