Streaming live at 10am (PST)

My dropdown links cannot be clicked on mobile devises

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi, Read-only link doesn’t work. Can you fix this?

Hi @piotr_k . Sorry, my fault. Here it is.

Use the links instead text… i see only drop downs but no link available in those menus

hi @Nilson on my side links works as expected on iOS but overlay with logo is not closing.

HI @Stan, did you also checked the links inside “QUARTIER”. With our ios it´s not working. The dropdown closes, before the link get´s clicked.

hi @Nilson I have now checked also on iPads and all works as expected, the problem was on iPhone but it can be my setting. If you need I can do screencast of iPad.

1 Like

Thank you for testing. Here is a screencast, testing on iPhone 12. I´m clicking on the last two links at “QUARTIER”. And nothing happens.
Screencast

Hi @Nilson these links doesn’t work for me either but IMO they do not have set URL to go to. Anyway here is what I see on my iPad.

EDIT: I have now checked your links and instead page they are pointed to external link but IMO you do not need this approach instead choose page from created pages in nav link setting.

EDIT 2 : links are opening only on Haptic tap (long hold) As I do not have access to save changes I can’t help more but if will be me I will try first remove animations on your dropdown or create another separate nav without any fancy stuff including :hover as hover doesn’t work on mobile devices. and see if this will work. BTW you have one nav on Home page and other pages are using Symbol nav. This is not problem but you have to keep it in mind.

EDIT 3: Finally last thing that cross my mind :wink: As working links are only the first one, I will suggest that there is an JS involved for nav that is grabbing only first element of an Array as querySelector instead of QuerySelectorAll but this is just PURE guess.

Hi @Stan thank you for that detailed testing.

EDIT: I have now checked your links and instead page they are pointed to external link but IMO you do not need this approach instead choose page from created pages in nav link setting.

The links are all pointing to pages and not to external URL´s.

EDIT 2 : links are opening only on Haptic tap (long hold) As I do not have access to save changes I can’t help more but if will be me I will try first remove animations on your dropdown or create another separate nav without any fancy stuff including :hover as hover doesn’t work on mobile devices. and see if this will work. BTW you have one nav on Home page and other pages are using Symbol nav. This is not problem but you have to keep it in mind.

Yes, my experience is the same. The links are opening on haptic tap (long hold).
When I delete the interactions, everything works fine. But I don´t get it. It´s just a common, simple interaction that changes the size of the dropdown-list.

EDIT 3: Finally last thing that cross my mind :wink: As working links are only the first one, I will suggest that there is an JS involved for nav that is grabbing only first element of an Array as querySelector instead of QuerySelectorAll but this is just PURE guess.

Don´t have some custom querySelector for the menu set.

I found out, that there are two things that are causing the problem.

#1 The links are working, when I disable the interaction which changes the height of the dropdown list from 0px to auto.

#2 When I delete my symbol, called custom cursor, which is a simple mouse-move interaction. It´s display:none on mobile devices, but nonetheless. When I delete this symbol, the links are working fine.

#1 is no good solution for me, because I need the interaction for an good UX.
So I just need to figure why the custom-cursor symbol is causing the problem.
Any ideas :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

yeah I feel your pain :wink: One thing to try is to give navigation higher z-index than custom cursor. I know it doesn’t make sense as element is hidden but …