Multiple modals with different videos. Repeat Actions?

Hi, I’m creating a site that has multiple video links. These links open a modal overlay that contain a video player. I need to create multiple modals/videos. Is there a way to use the same action and have it effect combo class items?

I currently have “button 1” open the modal with “video 1” via an interaction that effects “modal 1”

I need “button 2” to open a same modal with different “video 2”

Is there a way to do this without creating multiple interactions?

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @AaronRoot

Have you tried using the lightbox component? It accepts both images and youtube videos.

http://help.webflow.com/lesson/lightbox

hope this helps :smile:

I haven’t used the lightbox function yet. I guess I could recreate the links and images using that functionality. I don’t always have a thumbnail or image as some are just text links. Not sure which effort is a better way.

For example I have a link block with a play button and text label, that would open the modal/lightbox

You can drag in a Text Block within the Lightbox link element, then remove the placeholder thumbnail.

Yes. I’m currently testing about the capabilities of those elements. I think this will solve most of my problems.

Is there a way to style the lightbox elements, such as the close icon?

Not at this time. You will need to create custom code or interactions if you want custom styling of lightbox elements.

Thanks @PixelGeek This looks like it’s going to be a perfect solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.