Multi-reference for Mix it up

Hello!

I am trying to figure out the best way to tackle this- is there a workaround to be able to use multi-reference fields for mix it up? The 5 reference field limit is just not enough otherwise.

Thanks!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/trail-gnomes?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=trail-gnomes&preview=1c0e14ff4423d857b8c3142cc5ce1ae2&pageId=5e3f4f6584ad2953b5f86e0a&mode=preview

Is there a way to use $("#div1").load("slug #p1"); to load the multi reference field from the CMS template pages?

Or- at the very least is there an account upgrade that will allow more single reference fields? (I can’t find any info on the plans pages).

I am honestly frustrated at this point. I’ve looked through any and all forum posts I can find related to this- and it seems like at this point its really just an issue of not being able to nest CMS.

Hi! I am trying to achieve the same, I would like to filter ecommerce products with Mixitup using the multi reference field “categories”. Have you found a solution or a workaround in the meantime? Thank you :slight_smile:

I would also like to know if anyone figured this out?

You should be able to do this fine, but you need to control the ordering of your DOM transformation.

It’s not pretty, but I set these scenarios up this way;

• Create your Main and Tags collections separately
  • Then create a third collection that cross-references Main and Tags. I usually name these MainTagsXref, and it will have a single-ref to Main and to Tags. No multi-refs, no multi-ref restrictions.
  • On your page, generate your Main CL with the content you want
  • Separately, hidden, generate your MainTagsXref which has your main slug, the tags slug, and the tags info for display.
  • This hidden list you need to fully populate which means a depagination script, if you have more than 100.
  • Then you need to relocate your hidden DOM tags to their appropriate Main item, also using script.
  • Now you have N Main items, with any number of tags
  • Following that, you can instantiate MixItUp, and it now has the data it needs to filter on > 5 tags