Mobile Dead space to right of body DISPITE having hidden overflows & set VW

Hi everyone,

sorry to bother with such a frequent and NOOB question. I’m at my wit’s end trying to figure this out.

I’ve exhausted all the forums, and have done the usual - set ALL elements (especially containers) to overflow hidden and set sections to 100VW. Despite doing all these things, my mobile breakpoint STILL has issues with dead space when scrolling to the right.

I really need help in particular identifying what element is doing this and what needs to be done.

Thank you so much in advance!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

If anyone needs a live link as opposed to the “read-only” link- you can do so here

HI @privatepiggie the horizontal scroll is caused by your Footer especially 100vw of `.footer-flex-container-5.
EDIT: Actually I see more issues on mobile viewport. Whole section need to be revisited

I appreciate the advice but because I don’t understand I need a more specific answer…

Edit: I should also mention I don’t think the footer container is the issue because the dead space only happens on the home/projects page. The issue doesn’t exist on about or contact and the footer is an element

Hi @privatepiggie It can be caused by your animation related to scroll into view. IMO the best way to debug it will be to hide all elements and reveal and debug one by one start from navigation down.

Stan,

I want to personally thank you for your time. I understand the issue now and you’re correct-

The way the animation functions with the image slider is after a user scrolls past, the image slides out off-screen and then reappears when someone scrolls up to it ie the section shift was causing the issue.

For now, I removed the animation in that section and the whole thing IS MUCH BETTER.

I cannot thank you enough for helping me!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.