Mobile: Cannot Scroll past Hero on some Devices

Hello everyone,

I came across a huge ‘catastrophic’ problem, and if anyone could help me, I’d be forever grateful.

I am currently working on making my web design responsive (mobile first, then I’ll worry about tablet). I am using Spline 3D, and some light custom code.

I am a bit of a newbie at this, and was honestly very happy with how this turned out for desktop and mobile. On my iPhone 12 Pro in Safari it is working well (albeit a bit laggy). However on my two friend’s phones available to me right now (iPhone 11 and another iPhone 12 Pro) I am unable to scroll even past the hero section. I have no idea what could be causing this, and cannot even begin to explain why it would work on my phone but not on theirs.

So far I have tried:

• Setting all 3D Spline Objects to ‘none’ → surprisingly this made no difference, I thought the site must be too heavy
  • Setting all sections to ‘none’, and then alternately trying out a section, but none were scrolling
  • Changing the overflow settings on all the sections
  • I have one GSAP text animation which I briefly got rid of (from the custom attributes), because I thought maybe there’s some kind of scrolling event intervening, but that also didn’t work
  • I double-checked all Play Settings in Spline and I have page scroll enabled (also for mobile)

It used to work on my friend’s phone, but it’s a while back that I checked there, so I can not further isolate the problem

You see I am really at a loss. If anyone more experienced than me could have a look, I would really appreciate it. I need to finish the project this weekend, and now I am unsure if I will be able to…

You’ve applied overflow: hidden on body, please remove that and try.

By the way, great splice animations, page is looking great.

You are amazing! I cannot thank you enough. It’s working again. :) Such a silly little setting, I don’t know why I turned it on in the first place and spent a few hours checking everything else. Anyways problem is fixed, and I am very happy. Thank you again!!

1 Like