Menu dropdown disappears under hero slider

Tested on iPhone 4S:

Hi there @gisijam, one thing I noticed, is that the domain excellenceinfitness.com, is pointed at the old A Records and CNAME record that have since been replaced.

I would change the A Records and CNAME record on the domain, to point to Webflow’s servers: http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-to-set-up-a-custom-domain-with-your-webflow-site

After updating the DNS records, republish the site. Let me know also, and I will take another look.

Regards,
Dave

Thanks @cyberdave. I updated the DNS records and republished. Would love to have you take another look. Thanks!

Hi @gisijam, things are looking much better :slight_smile: one small thing, there is one extra A Record still remaining for the domain for IP 54.225.115.32. Go ahead and remove this IP, and then let me know and I am happy to check again.

Now, these changes to the dns might not be related to the issue with the menu dropdown, but it will help improve the speed of your site a lot :slight_smile: I will also help to take a look at the menu issue once the dns is all setup :slight_smile:

All done! Thank you!

Hi @gisijam, that’s great, the site is a lot faster now :slight_smile:

On menu icon issue, the Menu bg class has a -66px offset set at mobile portrait view. I would remove that completely and then the icon should show normally on mobile portrait:

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks @cyberdave! That worked…the menu is now showing up on my phone. Now the final issues I see here are:

1. on my phone (see snapshot) there is a grey space that does not show during edit or preview in webflow.

2. also, how to have the menu link names all spaced cohesivley (justified vert and horiz within menulink)

Thanks!

Hi @gisijam, thanks for letting me know, glad to hear that progress is being forged :slight_smile: About the grey space, the screenshot did not make it, can you paste that again?

Sorry about that. Here it is…

Hi @gisijam, the issue with the gray space, is coming from the fact that the background image top position is changing across the different viewports.

I would suggest to check the styling of your background images at all viewports and try to keep those consistent.

As an example, I made a video, I hope it helps:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Menu showing differently on different pages